• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    It seemed that supplies were starting to trickle back in slowly, and I was on a little roll for a few months, able to find small amounts of powder, and a box or 2 of primers here and there, but I haven’t seen a primer in stock anywhere for about 3 weeks. Been looking at picking up a new rifle (.300 Win Mag) but really hate doing it when I’m not sure about finding any large rifle magnum primers. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    There was a growing supply here in west Texas up until a couple weeks ago; high priced, but available. That seems to have dried up at least for now. Thankfully, I am still pretty well stocked for now.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I wonder if it's a supply issue or demand issue?

When things aren't available people quit looking. Once you see them again then people start looking again and buy it up.

Is the supply drying up or is the stuff flying off the shelf so fast we don't see it now that people are paying attention again?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I went to Academy and Bass Pro in Garland last weekend looking for some 7.62X39 Bass Pro only had one case and it was gone 30 minuets after it was put out. Academy had none. The only ammo that either one had plenty of was 223, 40 S&W and 9mm.

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Hit Gunmaster in Allen a couple weeks ago. They had this and H335 in stock along with a couple bottles of Varget. No limit and at normal retail prices so naturally I bought several of each. They never gouge, but you gotta check in every few weeks.

66846677771__ACB89077-53CC-4245-ADE6-4F733A24903C.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I saw 30/30 ammo, both Winchester and Federal, on the shelf at Academy in Lufkin today. Lots of it.

I picked up four boxes and then put them back. I believe it was $34.99 a box.

XBS1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Cypress, Tx
    Hit Gunmaster in Allen a couple weeks ago. They had this and H335 in stock along with a couple bottles of Varget. No limit and at normal retail prices so naturally I bought several of each. They never gouge, but you gotta check in every few weeks.

View attachment 309150
    Wow, you lucked out! Prices are high here in the Houston area... if you can find any.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    It seemed that supplies were starting to trickle back in slowly, and I was on a little roll for a few months, able to find small amounts of powder, and a box or 2 of primers here and there, but I haven’t seen a primer in stock anywhere for about 3 weeks. Been looking at picking up a new rifle (.300 Win Mag) but really hate doing it when I’m not sure about finding any large rifle magnum primers. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me.

I see plenty at online retailers but local shops pretty much have nada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    Likely to see things drying up again due to supply line shortages on metals as well as things like the US sending 50 million rds of ammo along with other munitions to Ukraine.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Was talking to the sales associate at my local Academy yesterday, and he told me that they had not gotten in a single lb of powder or box of primers in almost 3 months. I did see Midway has some small rifle AR match primers available online, so hopefully it won’t be too long before I see some large rifle primers available.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Likely to see things drying up again due to supply line shortages on metals as well as things like the US sending 50 million rds of ammo along with other munitions to Ukraine.

Not sure how much effect that will have. Most Ukrainian weapons fire commie calibers and most commie caliber ammunition is manufactured much closer to Ukraine.

Logistically, it makes far more sense to purchase from overseas manufacturers for shipment to Ukraine. Supply line issues probably have the much greater effect.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Found this on Facebook
    64a67c3c356d8cfa0cf808b101126eec.jpg

Checked his profile, works at the Bass Pro in Illinois.

I don’t have an issue with employees having access to their companies product, but the only reloading supplies I’ve been able to get from Academy in the last 2 years was just by chance. They were locked up behind the counter, and the associate told me they were “sold” even though I got there when they opened, AND they don’t allow online sales of those products for in store pickup, so how could they possibly be sold?

Top Bottom