• ...and so much more!
  • tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    I don’t have an issue with employees having access to their companies product, but the only reloading supplies I’ve been able to get from Academy in the last 2 years was just by chance. They were locked up behind the counter, and the associate told me they were “sold” even though I got there when they opened, AND they don’t allow online sales of those products for in store pickup, so how could they possibly be sold?
    We had a couple dudes in the Academy here (Lawton) charging $110 per 1K. The problem was the primers were $6.99 per 100 online and Academy policy was 4 packs (400 total) limit per visit. These dudes were pocketing $40 each sale they made. I didn't get the 1K they were selling, but looked it up on the phone, then ratted them out to the manager. The one had to sell to me at the correct price, and I made three trips to the truck to get my 1K for $69. They still give me dirty looks but F them, what are they gonna do? They're small puny little catturds so...

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Midway has Winchester small pistol primers. $80 for 1,000 plus shipping tax and hazmat. Limit 1,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    If MFRs are making ~$15/box as-is... why would they let us peasants have primers?

The way I see it is that if ammo MFRs can sell 20rd boxes of factory HD/SD JHPs for $24-$29 now, why would they let you/I have primers?
    They are still selling, and not stopping, but when will people stop buying the 20-25rd boxes?
    They can overpay, at a higher lever than we can, on contract, and ammo sill still sell... if 20-25rd boxes is the only thing on the shelves.

Granted, I have seen 50rd boxes, and 100rd boxes, but they are not flying off the shelves as much at these prices, than $10-$15/box fo 9mm 115gr FMJs.

At least it's better looking at the shelves than it was 6 months ago...,
    but not as good as 27+ months ago.

Still reloading 124gr PC 9mm for about $0.103/rd, and 115GR FMJ's at $0.130/rd.

Last edited:

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    I have personally never seen so many options for JHP's as I have recently...
    Hell, it's the only 9mm (and most of the .380) on the shelves, or overpriced 50rd boxes.

I am guessing the SD/HD ammo is sucking up all the primers now.

Academy is stocked-full on these, from multiple MFRs, and multiple variants,
    every time I check on the ammo situation there...

I have seen .380 50 rd boxes at some big box LGS shops, and it seems to be...
    moderately-reasonable, with the continued, but dropping panic pricing.

Last edited:

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    We had a couple dudes in the Academy here (Lawton) charging $110 per 1K. The problem was the primers were $6.99 per 100 online and Academy policy was 4 packs (400 total) limit per visit. These dudes were pocketing $40 each sale they made. I didn't get the 1K they were selling, but looked it up on the phone, then ratted them out to the manager. The one had to sell to me at the correct price, and I made three trips to the truck to get my 1K for $69. They still give me dirty looks but F them, what are they gonna do? They're small puny little catturds so...
    My little catturd at my Academy told me they haven't had any primers in over a year and a half, with a smirk on his baby face!

But I did buy a gunsock there.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    5 miles away or 50, if the stores don’t have what you want you ain’t getting it. I have been forced to buy online when I find primers or powder. I haven’t bought primers in months and probably powder for longer. There has not been anything of interest to me available lately.
    Add shipping and often hazmat.
    I’m feeling the pinch. Glad I stock up when I can.
    The Biden Administration smells just like the Obama Administration.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    The last couple weeks, Midway has had SPP, LPP, and SRP in stock at different times, but no LRP. $90 for a brick plus shipping and hazmat makes it a little ridiculous at .13 a primer, but they have been available. They’ve even had an OK supply of powder. But, they are the worst with limiting how much you can buy. I get limiting to one brick of primers, but 2 lb’s of powder is a bit harsh. Powder Valley and MidSouth let you get 5 lbs. Just did a quick inventory, and I’m down to less than 1,000 large rifle primers. Plenty of everything else (for now). Gonna have to stop playing around with my 6.5 creedmoor or try to find some SRP brass, which is harder to find than primers!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    +1 on the academy clowns hiding or buying it all before it ever hits the shelves. Personally witnessed and discovered after chatting it up with a few of the decent ones that work there. I'd love it if every location ran a sales report only to find 90% of reloading supplies were internal sales. Damn shame only perpetuating the high prices.

If anyone is in need of LR mag specifically FED215s, I have a couple thousand to spare. Since current prices are nutty I'd rather trade 1 to 1 for cci, fed, rem or Winchester SP or SR standards. PM me if you're in the Austin area.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Has anyone here tried out the Ginex primers? I think Lohmans in Houston had some a couple weeks ago. They were expensive but I don't order from any mail order shops cause it kills me to pay the ride and the taxes.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Has anyone here tried out the Ginex primers? I think Lohmans in Houston had some a couple weeks ago. They were expensive but I don't order from any mail order shops cause it kills me to pay the ride and the taxes.

I’ve seen them available, but I think they only make small pistol and small rifle primers, which I don’t really need, especially at current prices! Be interested to hear if anyone has used them though.

Bracko

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2022
    Illinois
    It seems to be the same all over. I did get a brick a few months back that ended up costing $100 after shipping. No store in central Illinois has had any primers that I’ve seen for the last year or so. Hard to imagine they can’t keep up with demand to a better degree and get the prices lower. But why would they want the prices lower? They sell out at high prices.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    @CodyK

I read a range report that 9mm was good with Ginex but 38spec not so much. I think they were compared to Fed100(?).

Also, an early adopter had his wrapped in a cloth(5k!). Luckily he had been saving trays & sleeves for 30 years or so!

Import

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Copperas Cove
    I've been able to get some Accurate 2200 and 2230, and supposedly some H335 is on the way (supposedly).

I'm kinda planning to make some "Mexican Match" from Winchester M193 and Barnes 55gr TTSXes, replacing the factory powder with H335.

It looks like some pistol primers are available, as are pistol powders. I want a GP100, and they now seem to be in stock. I haven't ordered one because I don't want a gun without ammo. Are you pistol reloaders having any luck?

Top Bottom