• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Ya thats good to hear, and it shows in his build. I know he is well versed over on the Fal Flies and thats where I found him, so it was an easy choice when I went looking for a builder.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    FAL's rock.

HK91/PTR91 haters, buy this:
    PWS FSC91 Compensator - HKPARTS.NET
    It will make the HK91 the softest shooting .308 you own. It is what makes the SCAR 17 so controllable.

Hmmmm.... Do you think that thing would work well on this? Sure is a ugly bastard...

3ajk.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The HK 91's roller locking design works great with pistol calibers, and maybe alright in .223, but with .308 they just plain have a fairly stout amount of recoil. .308 and it's level of recoil well is just a bit too much for the roller locking blowback design IMO. I love H&K's, but the FAL is a "better" platform IMO.
    What's interesting is that the pistol calibers came much later. It was originally designed for an intermediate cartridge (7.92x33) but only gained widespread acceptance in 7.62x51. I think arguing HK vs FAL is a bit moot at this point considering they are both outdated. The "better" platform would be a modern AR10 type rifle. ;) OP wants a FAL just because he wants one, and there's nothing wrong with that.

ICetme (HK clone)
    You got it backwards... The HK91 is a clone of the CETME

Top Bottom