• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I don't think it's that. The last military guy for the show, Dave Canterbury, admitted he lied on his application because the competition was fierce and he wanted the job. Apparently it worked. If Teti lied (I have no idea) then I guess it worked for him, too, though you'd think Discovery would have learned from that the first time.

Let's tally up the Dual Survival $#@!ups:

1.) Not doing a thorough enough background check on Dave Canterbury,
    2.) Not doing a thorough enough background check on his replacement, Teti.
    3.) Firing Cody Lundin because he refused to do something he thought was unsafe, then dragging his name through the mud publicly.

I wonder what's next. Maybe that hippie guy that replaced Lundin is actually a wealthy Monsanto executive who lives in Beverley Hills.
    Ref #3. I had not heard that...that said I find it almost hard to believe. Here is a guy that ran thru the tundra with no shoes or pants on trying to play Indian. Not only is that stupid but it sets a very bad example for those who watch thinking they can do same...

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Ref #3. I had not heard that...that said I find it almost hard to believe. Here is a guy that ran thru the tundra with no shoes or pants on trying to play Indian. Not only is that stupid but it sets a very bad example for those who watch thinking they can do same...

But... it worked for him, right? For some reason that's the #1 thing people criticize him about. The guy never advocated other people try it. He does it because he enjoys the admitted challenge. More power to him I guess.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Monkey see, monkey do...

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I used to reenact Vietnam era Special Forces and my reenactment group would set up displays around the state which afforded me many opportunities to meet former Vietnam era SF members. Further, as an associate member of the VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) I've met several former Vietnam War SF members.

Not one of them was a braggart. One never mentioned he was SF until I noticed his Nha Trang Recondo School patch on his vest. It seems that these guys are so honored to have served their country well and true and carry such an air of personal satisfaction that no public adulation is required or sought.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    But... it worked for him, right? For some reason that's the #1 thing people criticize him about. The guy never advocated other people try it. He does it because he enjoys the admitted challenge. More power to him I guess.
    Not true...when you come across by virtue of the TV show as an expert, then everything you do sends the message to do that.

My guess is he has no shortage of problems that we don't see on TV. I grew up in the country, hated that I had to wear shoes to school and was thrilled to go all summer long sans shoes. I was constantly have thorns, cactus needles etc removed from my feet. Stepped on countless nails, that is just reality and he is NOT immune from it. Indians did not go barefoot either they wrapped leather around their feet, he is fooling no one but himself.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I used to reenact Vietnam era Special Forces and my reenactment group would set up displays around the state which afforded me many opportunities to meet former Vietnam era SF members. Further, as an associate member of the VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) I've met several former Vietnam War SF members.

Not one of them was a braggart. One never mentioned he was SF until I noticed his Nha Trang Recondo School patch on his vest. It seems that these guys are so honored to have served their country well and true and carry such an air of personal satisfaction that no public adulation is required or sought.

Brought to mind the Green Beret Affair that still pisses me off to this day.

Some of our finest, in the sense of the word, soldiers, like Col. Robert Rheault, serving their country in a war, forced to retire by those in command playing politics, with help from spineless politicians playing to ignorant public opinion, complete with trial by the liberal media and pundits who never served anything but their self interests.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Not true...when you come across by virtue of the TV show as an expert, then everything you do sends the message to do that.

My guess is he has no shortage of problems that we don't see on TV. I grew up in the country, hated that I had to wear shoes to school and was thrilled to go all summer long sans shoes. I was constantly have thorns, cactus needles etc removed from my feet. Stepped on countless nails, that is just reality and he is NOT immune from it. Indians did not go barefoot either they wrapped leather around their feet, he is fooling no one but himself.

Meh. The guy has lived for several years off the grid in the Arizona desert and people who wouldn't make it there one week want to criticize the foot thing. He's said several times on the show that others shouldn't try it. If they do it anyway and get hurt that's just survival of the fittest at work.

If the foot thing was a problem for him he'd be crazy to keep doing it with all the goat heads in Arizona. Those things are everywhere.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Meh. The guy has lived for several years off the grid in the Arizona desert and people who wouldn't make it there one week want to criticize the foot thing. He's said several times on the show that others shouldn't try it. If they do it anyway and get hurt that's just survival of the fittest at work.

If the foot thing was a problem for him he'd be crazy to keep doing it with all the goat heads in Arizona. Those things are everywhere.
    Sorry not buying it, I spent a little over 6 years in that desert (Sonoran), hiked all over, drove all over from the Rim to the Sea of Cortez, he AIN'T bulletproof and he spends a LOT of time in the city, he is well know there.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

He insisted the government unit in which he served was so secret that he was barred from even discussing it. “Don’t even guess about it because that will get you in big trouble. Don’t even take liberties at guessing because you’re actually crossing a legal line right there. ... I am not at liberty to discuss — ethically, legally, morally — who I worked for,” he said.

Hah! Sounds like a former member of ours from a few years ago...

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Hah! Sounds like a former member of ours from a few years ago...
    When someone runs around talking like that 99% they are blowin smoke, nothing else. You see if it were that secret and classified you would never talk about it at all. A major part of the world of secrecy is based upon "need to know". If you do not have a need to know then even telling you the level of my clearance is a violation and you can be subject to losing your clearance and even going to jail.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    ...even telling you the level of my clearance is a violation and you can be subject to losing your clearance and even going to jail.

Not quite, you can acknowledge that you are cleared Top Secret (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Intelligence (SI)/TALENT KEYHOLE (TK) as appropriate. You also can say you have/had a Special Background Investigation (SBI) and/or polygraph along with dates of the polygraph; but that's about it. You cannot mention a SAP or other programs however.

People do it all the time on resumes and online job search websites, and there is nothing in the Defense Security Service regulations against it.

The old "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" line only works in Navy Officer Clubs!

Cheers! M2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    When someone runs around talking like that 99% they are blowin smoke, nothing else. You see if it were that secret and classified you would never talk about it at all. A major part of the world of secrecy is based upon "need to know". If you do not have a need to know then even telling you the level of my clearance is a violation and you can be subject to losing your clearance and even going to jail.

It's also a great way to make yourself a target for foreign governments. The odds are slim, but still, it would sure be a drag to get kidnapped and tortured over it. Loose lips sink ships, and all.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Not quite, you can acknowledge that you are cleared Top Secret (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Intelligence (SI)/TALENT KEYHOLE (TK) as appropriate. You also can say you have/had a Special Background Investigation (SBI) and/or polygraph along with dates of the polygraph; but that's about it. You cannot mention a SAP or other programs however.

People do it all the time on resumes and online job search websites, and there is nothing in the Defense Security Service regulations against it.

The old "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" line only works in Navy Officer Clubs!

Cheers! M2

Yeah, we had some secret squirrel training going on at Goodfellow (not me, I was there for firefighter training). It was no secret at all that whatever they were up to was top secret. I was briefly a dorm mate with one of the guys, so of course I asked him what goes on over there. "Nuclear treaties monitoring" is all he would tell me no matter how I asked. Didn't mind telling anyone who asked that he had a top secret clearance, though.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I was once waiting at walmart to get new tires (NOTE: do not to go to walmart for tires).
    There was an older guy there, mid sixties looking, and we got to talking. He said he went to Nam and that he was a sniper, so I thought to myself "here we go". I asked him what he shot. He said a fifty. I pretty much stopped the conversation after that.
    I wasn't in the service, but I come from that type of family, and can sniff BS from a long ways off when it comes to that.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You give up a lot, or all, credibility to be a TV personality.

I'd distance myself too.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yeah, we had some secret squirrel training going on at Goodfellow (not me, I was there for firefighter training). It was no secret at all that whatever they were up to was top secret. I was briefly a dorm mate with one of the guys, so of course I asked him what goes on over there. "Nuclear treaties monitoring" is all he would tell me no matter how I asked. Didn't mind telling anyone who asked that he had a top secret clearance, though.

that guy probly worked in one of those buildings on base with no windows in it.
    What year would that have been, late 70s maybe?

now you guys got my memories to flowing... It has been 25 plus years ago, but I seem to recall my mom telling me that after basic and after I started tech school and the military was working on my secret clearance that she said she ran into someone at my school admin and they told her that they had gotten a questionnaire from the military about me. I always guessed it was about the process of my clearance paperwork to work around nukes. Can't say for sure that's what it was but I always that it was it or they were just re-checking my math grades

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    He said he went to Nam and that he was a sniper, so I thought to myself "here we go". I asked him what he shot. He said a fifty. I pretty much stopped the conversation after that.
    I wasn't in the service, but I come from that type of family, and can sniff BS from a long ways off when it comes to that.

Maybe you should have listed to him some more, you might have learned something..................

Ever heard of a guy named Carlos Hathcock? Does he have any credibility with you???

M2Sniper.jpg

Carlos_Hathcock-M2-1.jpg

tumblr_mb6u5yl5qe1rwjpnyo1_500.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994