• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Was doing some trolling around on youtube looking at various diy camo jobs on firearms and happened to stumble on a video of this stuff. Lauer DuraCoat Aerosol Firearm Finish. What a great idea with the can in a can tech and at 34.99 for a can that can do supposedly 2 rifles the price is pretty hard to beat. Kinda wish they would make a little shorty can just big enough for one rifle but still really nifty.
    Gun Zone Deals

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    They sell a lot of different sizes. Some you can mix and spray with a small air brush. I've done several guns with duracoat and like it a lot.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Kinda wish they would make a little shorty can just big enough for one rifle but still really nifty.

They kinda do. Buy this kit and only use what you need. Next time, go buy another spray bottle for about $10 from you local hardware or paint store and use the rest of the product.

shaknspray-Lauerweaponry.gif

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    I'd like to clean up my H&R protector...was gonna paint with high temp rustoleum because I didn't have an airbrush or spray gun. Is this stuff pretty good?

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    I wanted to do an upper in FDE but Their FDE is really green. I had a pistol coated in it I"ll post up in a bit

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Is this stuff pretty good?

Do a google search on it, you will find both sides of the debate on it. It does not require an oven to cure and is one of best easiest finishes out there for a hobbyist. For an H&R it will give you good protection without breaking the bank. (You don't want to put a $50 saddle on a $10 horse :) )

Follow the directions and take time with your prep work and don't rush. You should be fine, I have done a few guns and are happy with them.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have been wanting to spruce up my old Bushmaster for awhile and now it looks like I can do it myself with this stuff

problem is, I;m not very creative when it comes to things like this.

$35 per can isn't bad but if you are going to do 2 colors, now you are at $70 plus shipping.
    so, If I get two colors to do one rifle, what would be a good color combo to do and any suggestions on patterns?

I need to get a guy to go in with me, buy two or three cans, and split it and have a Duracote party

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    I have been wanting to spruce up my old Bushmaster for awhile and now it looks like I can do it myself with this stuff

problem is, I;m not very creative when it comes to things like this.

$35 per can isn't bad but if you are going to do 2 colors, now you are at $70 plus shipping.
    so, If I get two colors to do one rifle, what would be a good color combo to do and any suggestions on patterns?

I need to get a guy to go in with me, buy two or three cans, and split it and have a Duracote party

Here's my Bushmaster I did in a four color digital camo. uploadfromtaptalk1390693146610.jpg

Top Bottom