• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Hadn't heard this till now... Just an hour ago I deleted album images for Rancho Texicano and Deguello from my phone that were extra copies... There must have been a ripple in the ether...

I only saw them live once, in San Antonio 1983 for the Eliminator Tour. I always have had ZZ Top in my collection and playlists, but the real fan was my older brother. His response to the news...

"Damn. That is too bad. My favorite band."

Old rockers never really die... they just find another tour... RIP Dusty!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I met Dusty while I was building a Starbucks at the W hotel in down town Austin. This was 5 - 6 years ago. ZZ TOP was playing at Austin City limits over that weekend. Dusty came out of the hotel and came over and visited with us for about an hour. He was/is one hell of a man.

RIP Dusty.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    RIP DUSTY !
    421C60A6-A7E4-4FD9-A247-BAB9C1D4D71C.jpeg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I just bought tickets for a December show.

RIP Dusty.
    I checked their concert schedule a month or two ago, when I saw the prices for tickets (and the very poor selection that remained) I decided not to buy. bad move on my part although as I understand, they were already playing without him to to medical issues. My and the worlds loss.

ZZ Top was one of the few remaining musical icons I wanted to see in concert that I had never seen before. About the only one left, that I badly want to see (again - for fourth or fifth time), is Willie Nelson. Although, it would be nice to see Dead & Family (to see the current band members for the first time not as the Grateful Dead - minus Garcia) or Joan Osborne (for the 2nd time).

Top Bottom