Guns International

Duty to Notify Law Enforcement You Are Armed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    Having a LTC and a CDL and working in the oil fields of west Texas, I unfortunately fall under Texas Labor Code(Title 2, ch52, sec52.062, par2e). I get pulled over for "random DOT inspections" all the time. I don't carry at work, and I never mention my LTC. Most of the time the officers ask if I'm carying cuz it shows up on the computer. I tell them "nope" and they just carry on with the inspection.
    Capitol Armory ad

FOX941

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2018
    Kyle
    Yeah, I have been stopped by those overly concerned that I was carrying and those who have no apparent concern I was carrying.

I had one local LEO who was a bit of a butt. He ID'd himself to me and explained why he had pulled me over and asked for my DL and insurance. I gave him my DL, CHL, and was unfolding my insurance paper for him and he reacted in a stern voice with, "You have to inform me immediately..." to which I replied, "I just did." I had complied 100% with the law (411.205). Apparently, he felt I should have done it verbally before handing him my licenses. I usually do, but didn't this time for some reason and he seemed bent out of shape by it. However, aside from a look of anger, the issue wasn't mentioned again and I got a verbal warning.
    Glad he kept his cool.

lennie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    Just to be clear. If I am not carrying, on my person or in my vehicle, I am not obliged to carry my LTC. If stopped I am therefore not obliged to show it or offer verbal that I have it.
    I was stopped a few years back, in the days just before the switch to LTC, and produced my permit with TDL. Found myself looking down the barrel of a 45. That made me calm and patient, not.
    Sheriff admin refused to take it anywhere but did promise to do training as, had I been open carrying, I can only imagine where this would have gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom