• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    IMO individual liberties, the economy, and foreign policy are more important issues than "family values". Family values are the responsibility of the family, not the government.

In that regard I think Stovall is a better choice, atleast on the economy side since is a small business man and knows the issues they deal with. I'm not sure how Stockman has earned his living in the past but I've read that he's had financial troubles in the past and his campaign is in debt.

That being said I may be biased in that I like alcohol, tobacco, firearms, strippers (female nudity in general), and violent movies/game. I prefer politicians who don't try to force morality on others.

FWIW Stovall is Christian and a family man, just because his campaign did not respond to some not well known survey doesn't really say much.

Dwayne Stovall Debate Highlights - UT Arlington - YouTube

You think? Even while the federal governement is attacking family values? What about Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty? He spoke his own convictions and the gay lobby went bezerk, then A&E suspended him from the show. Public Advocate was one of the very first groups to act on his behalf and millions of outraged Americans put the heat on A&E and he was reinstated. Now the Abomination wants legislation granting homosexuals special protections, including making it unlawful for anyone to speak out against them, forcing churches to hire them and disregard contradictions of their own beliefs, as well as making it illegal for even day care centers to screen them.

Yeah, family values are the responsibility of the family home and we have democommie politicians that want to legislate against that. Stovall not returning his survey might be indicitive of his unwillingness to support the rights of family values. The field is crowded, but Stovall and Cornyn were but a very few who did not participate in the survey. Do we have any proof he would act any differently on gun-control??? Saying and doing are 2 different things. Stockman has a record of doing and Stovall has no record! Great, he's a businessman and Ted Cruz is a constitutional Law Scholar. George Bush was also a businessman, I think I'd rather have a constitutional law scholar in the senate and fortunately we do. I'd also rather have a senator with a proven track record who also knows a thing or two about procedure at least in one of the houses of congress.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    So, what is Steve Stockman's stance on the 2nd amendment?

Actually, he's not standing still, he's attacking the democommie and RINO front head-on.

The following excerpt is but one of many letters and bulletins I've recieved from Steve Stockman in the past few years. Some of his letters being supplied by the National Association for Gun Rights, some from constitutional libertarian organizations.

This is indicative of why Cornyn's attack ads are directed at Stockman, with some of them being investigated as illegal. So, why isn't he attacking Stovall? Because he knows his greatest opposition on March 4th will come from Steve Stockman. Just 90 days of campaigning and already the greatest threat to Cornyn.

Dear xxxxx,

Barack Obama just banned gun owners!

Obama just issued an Executive Order expanding the federal "NICS" database on gun owners to include millions of people who simply spoke to a health professional, but have not been deemed a threat or danger to anyone.

Obama just stripped peaceful, law-abiding Americans of their gun rights for life.

And it's only a first step in a much worse plan.

YOU could be next on Obama’s lifetime gun ban list.

That's why my friend Senator Rand Paul and I have introduced a bill, H.R. 410, The Restore the Constitution Act.

The Stockman-Paul bill automatically nullifies any presidential action overstepping constitutional authority.

Our opposition will be the U.S. Senate, which is controlled by Democrats and anti-gun Republicans.

So I am running for Senate to stop Obama’s lifetime gun ban scheme.

And my opponent just announced he’s introducing a bill making Obama’s lifetime gun ban scheme permanent federal law.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

None the of the candidates show any potential to lead a pack of cub scouts out of a paper bag.

Who will rise to the occasion?

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    57K, I get that you think Stockman is the best candidate and has the best position. IMO Stovall and Stockman have the same positions, or at the least I haven't heard anything to differentiate them.

IMO the difference at this point is how effective they are going to be at defeating Cornyn in a run off.

You talk about how Stockman is an elected Representative, but I don't think any of that experience is doing him any help in this campaign. I know a few people who were Stockman supporters but they became disenchanted with him because his campaign was incommunicado with them when they tried to offer their services to volunteer. Stockman hasn't done much campaigning in Texas, which can be understandable if he is actually in DC working, but what is less understandable is when he has skipped out on some of his few scheduled appearances without giving the organizers any prior notice.

Stovall has the better run campaign and it's finances are better off, both of which are important for defeating Cornyn in the runoff. If a candidate can't manage his finances in a campaign how do we expect them to manage the finances of our government. Stovall's campaign has also put out several ads and interviews; I haven't seen much for Stockman.

You claim that Stockman can defeat Cornyn if only all the pro-gun folks vote for him; I don't doubt that anyone who got all of the pro-gun vote could win, I just don't think that Stockman's campaign is capable of getting all those votes and he doesn't seem to be working as hard as Stovall to connect with voters to get them. Votes have to be earned and it comes across as if you think Stockman is entitled to those votes.

Stovall's has been doing more to earn votes and getting people actively involved in the campaign. He is getting out there there and meeting with people and groups all across Texas, he even has an appearance scheduled next week here in Corpus. I doubt I'll see Steve Stockman around anytime soon.

Last edited:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Whether it's Stockman or Stovall, the important thing is to vote for anybody besides Cornyn to force a runoff.
    Agree, I'm an NRA member but disagree with there supporting Cornyn 100%, Cornyn much like John McCain is a Washington insider, big money,large corporations guys, does not appear to work for the people. IMO the parties have melted into one, very little difference we need a complete change the GOP can do that or step aside.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    This is the very reason our founding fathers believed it best for State Legislatures to appoint U.S. Senators. Those Senators would represent the interests of the States, and if they failed in that endeavor, then the State Legislatures could fire them and appoint someone who would fight for State Rights.

U.S. Representatives are the "voice" of the people in their Congressional Districts; U.S. Senators are the voices of State Legislatures in National Government.

Passage of the 17th Amendment was a way for Big Government to circumvent the 10th Amendment.

Did you know that Americans were originally not allowed to vote for Senators? Believe it or not, the legislature of every state used to elect the state’s senators and the people would elect the Congressmen that serve in the House of Representatives. If you think this sounds unfair, many Americans in 1912 thought so too. The 17th amendment provides for regular voters to elect their Senators. The reason for this is simple, when we look at the process to become a Senator in 1912.

The problem with letting representatives choose representatives is corruption. Corruption is breaking the law to get favors or better treatment for yourself or someone else. Many of the Senators that were “elected” by the state legislatures had struck corrupt bargains with the legislature and many people were angry over the lack of choice they had. By the time the 17th amendment was proposed, almost thirty states were in favor of directly electing senators. The 17th amendment was proposed in 1912 and was completely ratified by 1913.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Agree, I'm an NRA member but disagree with there supporting Cornyn 100%, Cornyn much like John McCain is a Washington insider, big money,large corporations guys, does not appear to work for the people. IMO the parties have melted into one, very little difference we need a complete change the GOP can do that or step aside.

I use that as the excuse why I'm not going to donate any money when they make their phone calls. I know the old lady that called me didn't have a clue who Cornyn was, but I told her to tell everyone I wasn't giving them a dime as long as they endorsed him.

I'll go back to screening their calls after the primary.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom