Join TexasGunTalk

Eagle Gun Range Review

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by CarolRN, Sep 27, 2013.

1. SicEmBears

SicEmBears New Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Richardson
    Agreed...the Eagle folks have always been very friendly, and their facilities are the nicest of the ranges I've visited in the area. I'm in Richardson, so it's a bit of a drive, but a basic membership was worth it to me for a nice place to shoot my AR. Glad you had fun!

2. DexMorgan

DexMorgan New Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Texas
    Eagle Gun Range is certainly one of the better ranges in the area. It's clean, modern, well-maintained, and the staff are friendly, knowledgeable, but not overbearing. The only thing I dislike is their 1 shot per second rule, but just about all of the other ranges have that policy as well. They have some valid reasons for the policy, what with the many novices that can be found shooting at these ranges. I agree that the new gun prices at Eagle Gun Range are a bit high, but they do keep a pretty good stock of range ammo for sale at relatively decent prices.

3. just jk

just jk TGT Addict

Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i love eagle gun range - especially compared to the bullet trap

its well aired - there's more room - .......things are a little disjointed at the front counter and it can get crowded - but thats just how it is - they're all pretty nice/friendly - and once you're on the range - they run it very well

great facility

4. txgunshowreview

txgunshowreview Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    Glad you enjoyed your time at Eagle GR. I'm a gold member, so hope to see you there again some time.

regards,

- jim

5. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Gotta agree about Eagle. Not that I've been to that many ranges (I've always shot at my parents' property out in the boonies, but now I'm wanting to shoot more often and for longer periods of time), but Eagle impressed the heck out of me.

6. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Congrats! We also like Eagle Gun Range and have found that the RO's are excellent. My wife feels very comfortable there which is a plus.

7. Andy

Andy Active Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I wish more folks would do that :)

8. CarolRN

CarolRN Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    QUOTE=mitchntx;795249]Congrats on the purchase. Curious as to why you ruled out the Nano?[/QUOTE]
    I thought I'd love the nano, but I couldn't shoot with it. Bullets all over the place! The 1911 narrowed it down to the size of a saucer. I'm hooked. My vision got better!

9. thack1963

thack1963 Member TGT Supporter

Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    My problem, if I try 25 guns I will buy 10....lol