• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Early Christmas Present -Shield-

Well I went into the local gun shop here in Orlando with my father a few weeks ago.I was finally able to find a S&W M&P Shield 9mm, and I have been wanting to compare it to the lc9 side by side because I really wanted a lc9.

Anywho there was no comparison IMO and I decided the Shield was what I wanted.
    He surprised me by putting the gun on layaway on the spot for my 1 and only Christmas gift, and we picked it up today.Not the way we normally do Christmas but I can't complain.

I'm hopeing to hit the range with it tomorrow! Here are a few pics.

4yqe9u3y.jpg
    hy2umy3a.jpg
    uqyqu7ab.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    nice Daddy

everything (with the exception of actually shooting) to be said by "hands-on" gun comparisons

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Straight out of the box to the range, I'm verry impressed with the Shield.No adjustment of the sites was needed. Its dead on, and I was shooting around 7 to 10 yards.Put a couple different brands through it 115Gr, and 147.

Within the first 50 rounds of 115Gr I had one stove pipe.Besides that the gun ran flawless through the next 200 Rnds.I enjoyed shooting it more then my SR9C.

SR9C 25Rnds at 7 yards.
    yhu3yqe4.jpg

First 8 shots out of the Shield.
    u6e3eny6.jpg

Aiming at the 8.
    9e5azaha.jpg

Trying for a tighter group.
    ajy4ybuq.jpg

Some muzzle flash action.
    zabarybe.jpg

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Does it break down easy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Its the easiest pistol I have owned, with mag out rack the slide back. Turn the take down lever to the 6 o'clock position. Release the slide while pulling the trigger and its off. No stupid pins to pull and pry out I love it.

glad you like the gun, and cool muzzle flash shot.
    Thanks, got lucky and paused the video and got the shot.
    Not bad for a cell phone.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Here is a link to the video i just uploaded of me shooting a little shy of 7 yards, maybe 5?

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I had an LC9. I have a Shield.

Excellent pistol. It shoots much better than it should for the size. Nice shooting and nice pix.

Yea I figured if I got the LC9 it would have been sold after I got my hands on a Sheild. Thanks!

Nice... I really like the Shield. It shoots and carries well. Hope you'll post follow up reports

I want to get back out and try my luck at 10-15 yards with it.Might be taking my CCW class (still in FL) the first week of December. So I might post about the holsters I decide to carry sometime in the new year.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yea I figured if I got the LC9 it would have been sold after I got my hands on a Sheild. Thanks!

Shield. I hate to nit-pick, but it's printed on the pistol. You've mis-spelled it in the title and every post (which I'm enjoying reading). :)

I'm likely in the market for an ultra-compact .40... so I'm following this discussion with interest.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, and for not being a asshole about it like some are lol.
    If only I remembered I before E except after C.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the heads up, and for not being a $#@! about it like some are lol.
    If only I remembered I before E except after C.

When my spelling is perfect I'll whip Stanley out and beat you about the face. Until then, I'll endure my slappings as well. :)

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Just got my Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for it a couple days ago. Its a little big compared to the LCP I had.
    Completly fills most of my bigger pockets and some of my smaller stuff the grip is visable.Plan on picking up a IWB holster aswell.Might just plan on IWB carry...
    7ytuqu6a.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just got my Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for it a couple days ago. Its a little big compared to the LCP I had.
    Completly fills most of my bigger pockets and some of my smaller stuff the grip is visable.Plan on picking up a IWB holster aswell.Might just plan on IWB carry...
    7ytuqu6a.jpg

Some folks pocket carry the Shield. For me thats just not practical and i dont wear skin tight Wranglers.

What type of IWB you looking at?

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I liked the idea of the Desantis Tuck-This II with the build in mag pouch.I believe it made of nylon.I have a big belly and like how the gun rides at 3:30.

But considering I don't have my license yet, I have no real life carry experience.So I'm all over the place looking at pros and conds of both leather and kydex.

I do know I want somthing with a single clip so its easy to take on and off with my pants already on.Was going to lost a thread to ask you guys to point me in the right drection but I'm sure its been asked 100x before lol.

Top Bottom