DK Firearms

Early voting to start Oct. 13th... or will it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The Texas Republican Party filed a lawsuit against the state governor Wednesday, after Gov. Greg Abbott added six days to the early voting period in light of the coronavirus pandemic. | Fox News

https://fxn.ws/3mQ058W

(LTC) Allen West leading the charge (Texas' new GOP Chairman Head).
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well if it makes it easier, more convenient, safer... I'm thinking early voting should begin 11/4/2020 for the 2024 elections. I'm just sayin'.... If a little is good - A lot is better!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The more I hear of the TX governor, the more I think maybe he is out of touch with his own party, like a RINO.

Are you new to Texas?
    --
    The reason I ask is, most folks that have been around awhile know it's just one of our favorite pastimes. We luv to hate our Governor!

Abbott is Abbott
    Rick Perry - no good (but at least he shot that coyote with his .380ACP)
    GW Bush - no good...a game player (when they could find him)
    Ann Richards - she might be sober but she was still a drunk
    Bill Clements - what did he ever do
    Mark White - a Democrat - what more need be said
    Dolph Brisce - well...never mind...he started The Swamp, didn't he

Anyway, you get the drift. You might notice, it doesn't matter if they have an 'R' or a 'D' after their name.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Texas Gov has very little authority except in case of emergency. Stripped of his power back in 1800s. Lt Gov and House speaker are it. Abbott tried to do right, may have overstepped a bit here. Consider this - not extending early voting and Dems go to court based on 'not enough time to get votes in' so 'court' decides what votes count? We go Mn and Pa already tossing ballots, military overseas votes have been 'waylaid' for years.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Are you new to Texas?
    --
    The reason I ask is, most folks that have been around awhile know it's just one of our favorite pastimes. We luv to hate our Governor!

Abbott is Abbott
    Rick Perry - no good (but at least he shot that coyote with his .380ACP)
    GW Bush - no good...a game player (when they could find him)
    Ann Richards - she might be sober but she was still a drunk
    Bill Clements - what did he ever do
    Mark White - a Democrat - what more need be said
    Dolph Brisce - well...never mind...he started The Swamp, didn't he

Anyway, you get the drift. You might notice, it doesn't matter if they have an 'R' or a 'D' after their name.

Each of those listed, in their own way, sought to grow and strengthen an intentionally weak and powerless state government.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    What is the history of early voting? Why did it even come about?

I think everybody should vote on the same day. Seems like less opportunity for fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    What is the history of early voting? Why did it even come about?
    I think everybody should vote on the same day. Seems like less opportunity for fraud.

"Texas enables residents to vote in the days and weeks before an election to make the voting process more convenient and accessible." And concerning voting by mail: "Voting by mail in Texas has been available to elderly voters and voters with physical disabilities for decades."
    So basically, it's to help with allowing voters to not have to stand and wait in line for excessive periods of time. Some polling locations can get quite 'backed up' on Election Day and would be even worse IF early voting wasn't permitted.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I will be voting early and don't mind having smaller lines but I do mind the governor not following the constitution.

Same. Under current circumstances, having the extra time to vote helps disperse the crowds and make things slightly safer. Had the Texas Legislature passed this in special session, I would celebrate it.

The only official acts I want to see Abbott do now are to rescind all his EO's, call the Legislature into session, and immediately resign. The first thing I want the Legislature to do is impeach Abbott for unconstitutional overreach of gubernatorial authority.

Top Bottom