Join TexasGunTalk

East houston bedding experts?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by shooterfpga, Nov 6, 2013.

1. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Anyone in east houston. Specifically near crosby that knows how to properly bed? Specifically savage and ruger? A buddy and i would like to bed our rifles but this is something new to me and the tutorials ive found arent too specific im a very visual person. At the very least a very detailed bedding video for both? Thanks.

2. smittyb

smittyb Well-Known

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    What about that custom rifle builder guy in Crosby?

3. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I tried contacting by email but it no longer works. I will try again by phone. Was gonna use him as a last resort. Seems like everyone and their mom can bed it easily from online forums ive read but i still dont wanna mess it up. I was hoping to keep it down so basically cost of materials, case of beer and maybe some cash. Or if someone does it for us instead and i can get my buddy to agree on it let em tag out a deer out here.

4. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Just got quoted for $325 to bed my rifle.... I could buy a fully aluminum bedded stock for that price. Which i dont wanna do.

5. Das Jared

Das Jared TGT Addict

Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Maybe we can get together and do it. Try snipershide

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

6. Charlie

Charlie Semi-Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Doesn't Brownell's have some on-line videos of how to bed a stock?

7. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Ive looked at many of the tutorials and randomly pieced pictures of bedding jobs. None of them are the exact style i have so that worries me. However, i have been slowly putting together a bedding kit so im pretty sure within a few days im going to tackle it.

Also, i havent been able to view video tutorials due to bandwidth restraints. Which was another setback but good news is within a few days my bandwidth goes back to normal.

Also, i just finished doing my very first trigger job for my buddy. It was a ruger m77. While his rifle is extremely accurate, his trigger left a lot to be desired. Its about 10yrs old and originally had a very heavy trigger pull with a brick wall. It now has a nice light pull and smooth take up.