• ...and so much more!
  • ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    I lost 47 pounds in 14 months by following the recommendations for Dr. Jason Fung <= yeah that’s his real name. He’s got some killer U tube videos that explain things for those who hate to read. Otherwise just get his book: The Complete Guide To Fasting. This is not a diet, it is a method to reset your weight set point

Forget calories, your body doesn’t know calories. Your body runs on hormones, in particular insulin, cortisol, adrenaline, with additional support from testosterone, estrogen and some others.

My set point dropped from 260 to 225. It’s stayed there for a year without anything other than just not overeating. I eat within a six hour window and watch my carb intake, < 30 gm/day. Otherwise pretty much eat what I want. If I binge one day, I drink bone broth the next day and fast 36 hours. Bone broth kills my hunger - H-E-B has excellent offerings under their brand.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I lost 47 pounds in 14 months by following the recommendations for Dr. Jason Fung <= yeah that’s his real name. He’s got some killer U tube videos that explain things for those who hate to read. Otherwise just get his book: The Complete Guide To Fasting. This is not a diet, it is a method to reset your weight set point

Forget calories, your body doesn’t know calories. Your body runs on hormones, in particular insulin, cortisol, adrenaline, with additional support from testosterone, estrogen and some others.

My set point dropped from 260 to 225. It’s stayed there for a year without anything other than just not overeating. I eat within a six hour window and watch my carb intake, < 30 gm/day. Otherwise pretty much eat what I want. If I binge one day, I drink bone broth the next day and fast 36 hours. Bone broth kills my hunger - H-E-B has excellent offerings under their brand.

30 grams of carbs a day is tough.

What do you eat the most of on a daily basis?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Really tough.

Not easy for some of us to stick to the 75 g per meal guideline.

Don't have any vices to speak of - other than enjoying good food. And my better half is an outstanding cook.

striker55

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Weight Watchers worked for me, assigning points to food's and not going over your points for the day. South Beach diet works also but I didn't like that one.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    30 grams of carbs a day is tough.
    It's impossible for most people and I salute the OP for achieving it. I feel relatively sure I would lose quite a bit of weight if I could stay under 200.

Also, I find it painful to deal with all the "net carbs" rigamarole out there that seems designed to make the whole concept more opaque than it needs to be.

I'm not being negative, though. I will absolutely review the data in the OP. Maybe I'll find something that clicks in my brain and opens new worlds for me. After all, hope springs eternal, right?

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    You don't need Doctor Funk, weight watchers, set points or buy any other hokey gimmicks. Just stop eating and DRINKING carb and sugar and syrup loaded crap and get off you ass once in a while. Once you've lost enough fat to find you still have a back bone it seems a lot easier.

It isn't any easier for some or or impossible for anyone else. If one man can do it, another man can do it. Only thing different is do you WANT IT or NOT.

I went from size 44 waist to 36 today. Same as I was in high school. You didn't put it on over night, you ain't taking it off over night.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Congrats ETH77!!!

I'm a big boy...but I still am active despite my size, it surprises a LOT of people...I race cars (stock cars) where you have to get in/out through the window...let's just say that it's NOT fun (the ingress/egress), everything else is a BLAST though!

When I did the Truck race I dropped 36 pounds in 7 weeks (both because I needed to and that window opening is actually smaller than traditional XFINITY/CUP/Trans Am/ASA cars). How? Low carb/Atkins along with light/conditioning exercise...the main thing for me to cut out was wine...I LOVE red wine...so I stopped drinking alcohol other than my one night out during the week with the boys for cigars (vodka with diet tonic). Ate a LOT of chicken caesar salads, meat, cheese, eggs, Atkins meals, Atkins bars, etc. Pic of said window with me in the truck....even with the weight loss (I'm still very large) I had bruises on the right side of my body (butt to shoulders) from getting in and out. LOL!! Anyway - my point being - if you need to lose weight - have a goal - bucket list item, life event, health, etc...and you WILL achieve it! I told the team what I would weigh for the race...guess what? 0.6 lbs off the mark! We get weighed in our skivvies pre-race so the truck can be "handicapped" accordingly based on the driver weight.

Attachments

• Ready2Go.jpg
      Ready2Go.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 79
    Top Bottom