• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    When the doctor tells me I have something really bad wrong with me I am going to start smoking, eating and drinking and every other thing you shouldn't do for your health.

You can't exercise enough to overeat too. It takes an insane amount of exercise to burn even a small amount of calories. Much better to fast than try to exercise it away.

Three years so far with the life change and doing well, except for the wife. She hates everything about my food, when I eat, what I eat. But she just had a heart attack with nothing she can/will do to improve her situation and I just got a clean bill of health, lost weight and physically active and off all meds.
    Prayers up for the Mrs.

Some of the ticker meds have some SIDE EFFECTS....
    Venture Surplus ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You don't need Doctor Funk, weight watchers, set points or buy any other hokey gimmicks. Just stop eating and DRINKING carb and sugar and syrup loaded crap and get off you ass once in a while. Once you've lost enough fat to find you still have a back bone it seems a lot easier.

It isn't any easier for some or or impossible for anyone else. If one man can do it, another man can do it. Only thing different is do you WANT IT or NOT.

I went from size 44 waist to 36 today. Same as I was in high school. You didn't put it on over night, you ain't taking it off over night.
    this is the best post of the entire thread BRAVO!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    No one is exempt from the laws of thermodynamics—energy cannot be created or destroyed.
    People take energy into their bodies in the form of food and use that energy to sustain life.

So no matter what diet , or youtube channel you follow, if you consistently take in more calories (energy) than you body needs , you will gain fat (stored energy)

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Simple for me. How did you get fat? Ate too much. How do you get skinny? Stop eating too much. Choices of food matter as well. Just also read a study that says it is better for your blood sugar if you eat your protein and veggies first then carbs last. But I am avoiding carbs and sugar like the plague. Mostly chicken breast meat with other meats thrown in as well. Spinach and collard greens are always high on the list of veggies (they are low in everything). I cook 3 weeks of these at once and microwave them like TV dinners. Saves a lot of muss and fuss. 3 hours and I am done for 3 weeks or so. Chopped steak and brown gravy with onions and mushrooms and baked chicken and gravy. Salads for lunches and two boiled eggs and 2 sausage patties and a small glass of fat free milk for breakfast. I use Stevia for any sweetness needed for anything.

Attachments

• PXL_20210427_230854726.jpg
      PXL_20210427_230854726.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 160
    • PXL_20210522_225256997 (1).jpg
      PXL_20210522_225256997 (1).jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 164

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You can't exercise enough to overeat too. It takes an insane amount of exercise to burn even a small amount of calories. Much better to fast than try to exercise it away.

While it is true it is hard to exercise enough to be able to overeat, there was a decade and a half of my life where I was riding and racing 250-300mi a week and I HAD to "overeat" to fill the Kcal deficit and was in the upper 160lb range for a while before backing off the miles a bit and getting to 175-180 (I am now 215 and while overweight, I am a 36 waist and hardly "fat"). One semester in college I was really poor and had to stop riding because I couldn't afford either more weight loss (I had lost 12lb 180>168) or more food... You CAN exercise yourself out of a bad diet, but it is hard, and youre still putting crap intonyour body.

The best route to weight loss is eating a little less, eating a little better and exercising a little more and give it some time.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have had 3 back surgeries and a leg surgery so a lot of impact exercises are out for me. Walking does well for me at 3 miles a day. I used to work for UPS for 10 years long ago and could eat whatever I wanted as I ran all day at work without much stopping. Stayed at 180 or so for all that time. Then the accident that broke my back happened and put me out of work. 2 years to recover and another 4 for college. Now I sit and design computer chips all day (the last 26 years). So less eating, eating the right stuff and some walking or non impact exercises. My goal wasn't to lose weight it was to get off meds. Losing weight was required for that. But it is all good now as I am thinner and off meds and feel excellent!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    For gawd's sake eat ALL you want, when you want, whatever you want and simply plan on dying prematurely, but so what?

You ain't gettin outta this world alive...so enjoy yourself, burp!!

Hand me that turkey leg, but dunk it in the gravy boat first...thanks.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For gawd's sake eat ALL you want, when you want, whatever you want and simply plan on dying prematurely, but so what?

Gotta die from something, sometime.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

I understand the sentiment, but just like a daily driver your body will last longer and provide over all better satisfaction with a little care, a wash, a wax, oil changes and tires every so often. I don't need a museum quality body going into the grave, but I dont want it to be in the junkyard before its time...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

This is only true in the short term, or if your form of exercise is walking the dog twice a week or something like that. In the long term, a well programmed training routine will burn a ton of calories. It’s not the calories burned during the workout that make the biggest difference, it’s the change in your base metabolic rate as your body adapts.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom