EBT boils my blood

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
Sup I was at the 7-11 on New Hope and Bagdahd in Leander today and saw this sign.

yze3usu8.jpg

Almost exploded in the store but decided to restrain myself given that some of the employees may very well be on the program.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

okie556

Well-Known
Feb 12, 2009
Longview, TX
Was in local Walmart store today and young, very healthy couple with 3 small children checked out in front of us. Paid for entire basket with WIC Card. Not sure what WIC is but you can bet working folks pay for it somehow.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
Was in local Walmart store today and young, very healthy couple with 3 small children checked out in front of us. Paid for entire basket with WIC Card. Not sure what WIC is but you can bet working folks pay for it somehow.
Women Infant Children ... it's for "those" that can't provide food for themselves if they're a pregnant woman, you have an infant, or you have children under a certain age (not sure the age limit). Either way though, yes, we are paying for it.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
I thought all of this was supposed to only go towards "goods" though. IE, you could buy a frozen pizza, per say, because that is a good, but as soon as it's cooked, that becomes a service because someone cooked it for you.

RandomHero

Well-Known
Dec 6, 2011
Northwest San Antonio
Women Infant Children ... it's for "those" that can't provide food for themselves if they're a pregnant woman, you have an infant, or you have children under a certain age (not sure the age limit). Either way though, yes, we are paying for it.
WIC is a bit different than general food stamps. WIC is for women/infant/children and it only covers certain things, mainly nutrition. i see nothing wrong with the wic program. peanut butter, milk, cheese, formula, certain cereals and a few other things is all you can buy with it.

EBT on the other hand.... chips, soda, candy bars, cookies, fiji water, expensive steaks. anything "food"

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.

If they had anything other then the basics (milk, produce, eggs, juice, cheese, PB, rice or beans) and not store brand, then it wasn't WIC. The cards look similar. Plus WIC's benefit is approximately $40 to $60 a month per child and it is not a free for all. You can only buy your allotted amount of the basics I mentioned and that's it.

Honestly, it is set up how SNAP/food stamp program should be, instead of the free for all it is.

EDIT- Looks like Random Hero explained it as well above.

kusai

Well-Known
Oct 30, 2011
Bedford TX
Plus WIC has specific products only. You can buy a certain type of apple juice but cannot buy sparkling cider.

Top Bottom