• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Family and I went on WiC for a few months to stay out of debt years ago. We got off the program before we had to as I got just enough to cover bills. It's a ton of paperwork and a good amount of humility going on the program.

The programs are good for some folks.

I tell people all the time that if they qualify for it, they might as well take it, cuz Uncle Sam is sure as Hell gonna charge you for it whether you qualify or not. Of course, the people I tell that to are hesitant to take it because they aren't money-grabbing scammers in the first place. If you pay for it and you need it then take what you need; no shame in that.

At any rate, because WIC is so locked-down compared to other programs, it's not one life-long govt. dependents find very appealing. That's what SSDI is for. Tell them you wet your pants and have uncontrollable violent outbreaks and you're sure to get approved whether it's true or not.

Whether or not people agree with the WIC program, there are MUCH larger social program problems to worry about.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I've got a friend who's working on his master's. He went on it. They're giving him 500 bucks a month.
    He's literally 6 months away from a 150k salary.

I harassed him about it. His response was, I'm just recouping some of the taxes I've paid. Before I went back to school I was paying 50 k a year in income taxes.

Lol

If you paid for it and need it, well, that's how the system is SUPPOSED to work!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have no problem with folks using the program if they need it.
    That is what is there for. To help folks who need help.

What I do have a problem with is people who do not need the assistance but game the system to take advantage.
    The stories of this are endless yet the .gov doesn't do anything about it. This in particular makes me rage.
    Let me burn a pile of twigs in my yard and the .gov comes down on me with the wrath of God.
    Yet they say they don't have the manpower to track down welfare cheats.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I thought the lonestar card was tx unemployment? I see those cards all of the time being used at stores that have "help wanted" signs in the window.

Last edited:

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Watched a fat (white, amazingly enough) cow plow through 240 bucks worth of premium beef (heh) at HEB this afternoon, and whine because her EBT came up short. Had a roll of hundreds that would choke a New Orleans pimp.

I am in the wrong line of work. Defrauding the American taxpayers seems far easier than producing something for a living.

Alex

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Watched a woman buy a bunch of junk at HEB the other day. First paid with WIC which only took less than $5 off. Then it was the EBT. That took all but $3 off. So, out of ~$150, she only had to pay $3. Definitely wrong line of work for sure. :facepalm:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    If above all does not boil your blood then this surely will

Food Stamps For Sale!!!! Deal
    [h=2]Food Stamps For Sale!!!! Deal - $90 (aurora co)[/h]
    6220.png
    6220.png
    6219.png
    6219.png
    6221.png
    6221.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

Food Stamps For Sale 90$ cash for 189$ in food interested? : Call/txt 661-448-six611.
    • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    If above all does not boil your blood then this surely will

Food Stamps For Sale!!!! Deal

Happens a lot. A girl I used to work with would do this to get money to go to the club.
    Had 7 kids. Younger than me. SMDH. People will go buy steaks and stuff and trade it for
    drugs too. I worked at Walmart a while ago and we would see people coming in and
    trading $ for the use of the foodstamp card. They didn't even try to hide it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I tell people all the time that if they qualify for it, they might as well take it, cuz Uncle Sam is sure as Hell gonna charge you for it whether you qualify or not. Of course, the people I tell that to are hesitant to take it because they aren't money-grabbing scammers in the first place. If you pay for it and you need it then take what you need; no shame in that.

At any rate, because WIC is so locked-down compared to other programs, it's not one life-long govt. dependents find very appealing. That's what SSDI is for. Tell them you wet your pants and have uncontrollable violent outbreaks and you're sure to get approved whether it's true or not.

Whether or not people agree with the WIC program, there are MUCH larger social program problems to worry about.

Excellent point about social security disability money. Thats a huge drain on that system.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This guy was on disability supposedly because he couldn't work due to him being an "adult baby"; yet he was able to put some real clothes on, drag his ass to home depot, buy lumber with what I can only assume is SSDI monies, and build the gigantic high chair he's sitting in.

ht_stanley_thornton_jr_baby_ll_111020_wblog.jpg

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This guy was on disability supposedly because he couldn't work due to him being an "adult baby"; yet he was able to put some real clothes on, drag his ass to home depot, buy lumber with what I can only assume is SSDI monies, and build the gigantic high chair he's sitting in.

ht_stanley_thornton_jr_baby_ll_111020_wblog.jpg

/facepalm

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sent a text to the dumbass who posted the cash trade for food stamps on craigslist on Friday. He finally responded to me just a bit ago with a different number (must have multiple obamaphones ><) asking "whos this?". Just railed him, hopefully a little humiliation will do the kid some good although I kinda doubt it. He will probably just brush it off.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sent a text to the dumbass who posted the cash trade for food stamps on craigslist on Friday. He finally responded to me just a bit ago with a different number (must have multiple obamaphones ><) asking "whos this?". Just railed him, hopefully a little humiliation will do the kid some good although I kinda doubt it. He will probably just brush it off.

Probably woulda done better reporting him the add to Colorado's health and human services. Or whatever they call the agency that handles it there.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW

Lol yeah, I'm sure they learned their lesson.

"Bad piece of shit! Bad! No! No!... No!!!"

Top Bottom