Eccentric Behaviors - what have you seen?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
My wife serves the spaghetti & sauce mixed.....barbarian.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
My wife does too.
And buttered saltines is one of my favorite snacks.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m no fan of spaghetti, but do eat it. Mom’s spaghetti was fair to poor, and got all mixed up. Jars sauces made it somewhat better. There were plenty of Italians around grew up, but they all made meat sauce.

Spaghetti alla puttanesca, was one of my first sauces to make from scratch along with carbonara. Last time I made white clam linguine my stomach couldn’t handle it.

Brains

Hey! Relax!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Apr 9, 2013
Spring
Grew up in a town of mostly Italians, and I can tell you from experience the way "they" do it is all over the map.

We're too lazy to twirl or cut spaghetti noodles, so we do rotini instead.
We also mix a small bit of the sauce into the noodles, just enough to keep them from getting sticky. The rest is mixed on your plate as you choose.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
My parents grew up poor, really poor. Sometimes a meal would be two slices of homemade bread with butter smeared over and sliced onions. I still like this, and the buttered crackers! Spaghetti was a no-go, it was potatoes since that was grown in the garden.

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I remember when we would go camping/fishing/hunting and Dad could not wait to eat pork and beans straight out of the can. Mom saw that as barbaric behavior and he couldn't get away with it at home. But as soon as we got in the boat or out in the woods he whipped out the p38 and opened a can of pork and beans - straight out of the can! He always said that's the way they were meant to be eaten.

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Apr 4, 2011
More West Central these days.
A storm cellar.
I just got to sleep. Leave me here. I'll be OK.
Nope. Everyone in the house. Up and out into the dungeon!
I'd rather die in a storm than crawl my groggy ass to a cellar.

baboon

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I remember when we would go camping/fishing/hunting and Dad could not wait to eat pork and beans straight out of the can. Mom saw that as barbaric behavior and he couldn't get away with it at home. But as soon as we got in the boat or out in the woods he whipped out the p38 and opened a can of pork and beans - straight out of the can! He always said that's the way they were meant to be eaten.
We had these can grippers and would cut off the top of a can of beans, heating them up next to the fire. The gripper allowed you to to hold the hot can.

Many an outdoor trip was Van Camp Pork & Beans with either hot dogs or Smokey Links skewered on a sharpened stick held over the fire.

When we first shopped H‑E‑B in Mexia I noticed Oscar Mayer smokie links. I ain’t seen them in years and it brought back memories. I might look at a package, but they better not have chicken & turkey in them! Birthdays meant we got locally made smokies. Wonder if that place still exist?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
A friends mom owned a cafe and would wash and reuse the plastic straws. Ewwww!
My Grandma would keep straws in a drawer just for us grandkids when we came for Sunday dinner. I'm sure she washed them and kept them for next time. We all learned the hard way to check inside the straws for a dead roach.

My wife washes the dishes before she puts them in the dishwasher. That's fine. Keeps me from having to clean out the strainer in the bottom of dishwasher.

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom