Guns International

Eccentric Behaviors - what have you seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I know someone who keeps their car keys in the fridge because they think it makes the batteries in the electonic key last longer. At least they know where the keys are which I often do not.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My wife unwraps all of our bar soap and put's on a window shelf so that the sun...hardens them...uh-huh...all I notice is it fades them if they stay exposed to the sun for a few weeks...

Now, I've told her theory is cah-razy, but she still does it and it's frankly nutty, but harmless so I no longer bother saying anything.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I think it is weird that some veterans have to tell every single person they meet that they are a veteran. Even when the topic has no relevance to being a veteran. Like I could tell some complete stranger that I like frosted mini wheats and asked them what they think. The first thing to come out of their mouth would be that they didn't get mini wheats while they served their country and then carry on with where and when they served and pretty much the whole nine yards. I mean damn it man you served for 3 years over 20 years ago. Haven't you lived some life since then?

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I think Skullgun and I shared some of the same relatives.

My mom used to wash and dry the little styrofoam trays that hamburger and chicken used to come on in the grocery store. Her cabinet was full of these trays; I was used to it but the first time I took my wife to visit she was freaked out and asked me what was up with that. I told her it was depression era mentality and that my mom also saved saran wrap and carefully stretched it out and stacked it in another of her cabinets. The concept of disposable foam or plastic eluded her although she did not have a problem throwing away paper plates.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Communist shitbags that come to pro-freedom websites and drop trou to shit all over the place.
    Just stop. We get it. Business doing your tranny lot lizard thing is slow and while you are sitting on the can waiting for a $5 bill to come through the hole in the stall followed by some stranger’s wang for you to service you get bored and get on your taxpayer funded phone and shit post. Find something else to do. Please.

elrayoex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Georgia
    I know people have some really strange compulsions and I think there was even a TV show on for a while that highlighted people with eccentric / unusual behaviors.
    Anyway, another thread brought this to mind, and I remembered that I had a great aunt that insisted on unscrewing light bulbs to turn them off so that she wouldn't wear out the light switches in the house!
    My grandmother rinsed, dried, and re-used paper towels back in the late '70's because they were "expensive".
    I'm sure some behaviors like that were prompted by memories of the depression or other trials and tribulations. Still, others, might be brought about by mental decline.
    What eccentric/strange behaviors have you witnessed in life?
    I'm not talking about unfortunate folks with disabilities or mental issues - just "normal" people with eccentricities, please.
    I don't think I have any..., yet...
    The guy I rent a room from actually thinks locking the handset on his front door will stop a break-in. So he does it religiously. LOL

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Communist shitbags that come to pro-freedom websites and drop trou to shit all over the place.
    Just stop. We get it. Business doing your tranny lot lizard thing is slow and while you are sitting on the can waiting for a $5 bill to come through the hole in the stall followed by some stranger’s wang for you to service you get bored and get on your taxpayer funded phone and shit post. Find something else to do. Please.
    Did I miss something?

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Growing up, spaghetti and meatsauce was a meal I really looked forward to. The pasta was NEVER mixed with the meatsauce. The pasta was put on the plate, and the meat sauce added on top.

We also had buttered saltines with the spaghetti, instead of garlic bread. When we were under ten or so, dad buttered all the crackers and put them on a platter in the middle of the table. As we grew older, we buttered our own crackers.
    There was a community "towel" that was passed around the table, as needed, and used by everyone to wipe their mouth and hands.

I went to spend the night with a "wealthy" friend from church when I was about 12.
    Spaghetti. It was all mixed together. I didn't know WHAT to think. AND, everyone had their own linen napkin placed in front of them in a napkin ring! It was clean and white and I was afraid to use it to wipe my mouth!
    I couldn't wait to get home and tell my mom about the personal napkins and the mixed up spaghetti!
    And the worst part was that they didn't have buttered crackers to go along with the spaghetti. I thought everybody ate buttered crackers with spaghetti!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    We had a CFO that started counting how many cups we used in a day. He didn't last to much longer after that.

We used to joke about my Grandmother that we didn't let her do dishes because she wanted to wash and reuse the paper plates and plastic ware.
    A friends mom owned a cafe and would wash and reuse the plastic straws. Ewwww!

sh801

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2015
    A friends mom owned a cafe and would wash and reuse the plastic straws. Ewwww!
    My dad will only have his morning coffee from a used Styrofoam cup.

Once had a girlfriend that would drive 20 miles to use a $2 coupon. On an item she didn't want. :facepalm:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Growing up, spaghetti and meatsauce was a meal I really looked forward to. The pasta was NEVER mixed with the meatsauce. The pasta was put on the plate, and the meat sauce added on top.

We also had buttered saltines with the spaghetti, instead of garlic bread. When we were under ten or so, dad buttered all the crackers and put them on a platter in the middle of the table. As we grew older, we buttered our own crackers.
    There was a community "towel" that was passed around the table, as needed, and used by everyone to wipe their mouth and hands.

I went to spend the night with a "wealthy" friend from church when I was about 12.
    Spaghetti. It was all mixed together. I didn't know WHAT to think. AND, everyone had their own linen napkin placed in front of them in a napkin ring! It was clean and white and I was afraid to use it to wipe my mouth!
    I couldn't wait to get home and tell my mom about the personal napkins and the mixed up spaghetti!
    And the worst part was that they didn't have buttered crackers to go along with the spaghetti. I thought everybody ate buttered crackers with spaghetti!
    My wife serves the spaghetti & sauce mixed.....barbarian.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom