• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Talon Arms is bringing in a "build your own" kit next week.
    It will consist of a complete M4 type upper, lower parts kit, adj stock and a mag for $550. Pick up a lower for $120 or so and you can have a complete rifle for $670 plus tax.

The upper is a CMMG 1/9 16" M4 profile with the CMMG WASP coating. A 16" 1/9 HBAR and a 16" 1/7 Bull Barrel is also available by request.

Of course, other options are available for an additional cost.

Call me if you have questions:
    713-529-2910
    http://www.TalonArms.com

This kit includes a mag too. Could you follow up with some pictures. Thanks for the heads up.
    Capitol Armory ad

HighVelocity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I'm shooting an IDPA style Carbine match tomorrow with my freshly built AR. I just sighted it in Wednesday and put about 50 rds downrange getting used to the JP spring kit. It feels good and runs good. I'm ready.

Wish me luck!

MidlengthAR.jpg

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I just assembled my 1st AR,and it was pretty fun. I went to the Ft.Worth gun show Sunday morning and bought a Model 1 16" SS 1-8 twist flat top upper kit with an Ace stock and a DPMS stripped lower. It went together fairly easy,but I just had to wing it because my internet wasn't working and I didn't have any instructions. The only thing I screwed up was I left out the little spring that goes under the connector above the trigger. Oh well,never thought I was perfect.But it is in there now,and everything works fine. I'm going to replace the trigger with a RRA NM trigger,the Model 1 is just not what I like. I hope it shoots as good as my RRA Varmiter does,then I will be satisfied with my efforts. The Model 1 kit was $633.00 and the lower $119.00 so it is alot cheaper than a complete rifle.
    I would include pics but I always have trouble putting them on this forum,not enough space on file to include them,and I don't know enough about computers to worry about it.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Is the Sig556 a standard AR15? You may have more options that are affordable with a standard/mil-spec Ar15. There are plenty of sources available for AR parts.

As far as I know, the Sig 556 is not standard AR15. AR's use the direct gas impingement system of Eugene Stoner's design. The Sig's use a piston system that is more like a Kalishnikov. But, the Sig's are designed to accept AR magazines. I hope that this answers your question.

Top Bottom