Feb 27, 2011
dee eff dub
everybody should own one

sweet pistol

5A348FAA-1C14-49C8-BFA8-C38855A859AB-4030-000003C461BF1F85_zps31682252.gif

BWHITT

Jan 25, 2013
Houston
Very nice gun. He does a excellent job of fitting and finishing, inside and out. He also does an aggressive de-horning that makes the gun look perfect on the outside. I have shot several Ed Browns and I really like his grip safety,they sit low in my hand. A lot lower than my Les Baer’s do.

I contemplated buying an Executive target for a while but decided on a full custom build instead. Alchemy customs has agreed to build my fist full custom 1911. The gun is based on a bare Caspian frame/slide, Ed Brown Grip safety, Ambi safety, 2 peace mainspring housing/wag well, extended mag release and small parts. Cylinder and slide trigger group, and of course a Kart barrel. The Extractor, ejector and barrel bushing are EGW. I have everything except the frame and slide,Caspian has had my order for 8 weeks already. Not 100% sure about the finishyet, either a full Black Bear Coating or possible a Hard Chromed lower and Bearcoat upper.

Had I not had the opportunity to have a trusted gun smith build my gun for me from scratch, I would have purchased an Ed Brown for sure.

Last edited:

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads