• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, just come on in and make yourself comfortable. There is a plethora of knowledge on this forum. Some smart folks with some smart azzez here and there, but a good place to be none the less. So, ask away, or share what you know. :welcome::usflag:
    I have nothing to share so far. I've barely started. Yet, I've already collected 3 1/2 guns. The fourth one will be mine soon. In theory, I have an idea of the one more gun that I want. But, first I need to practice, practice, practice.

I feel like an outsider so far. Not only because I kind of am an outsider since I haven't practiced much yet. But, also because I can't handle anything more than a .380, not yet anyway. With practice, my hands and wrists should get stronger.

But, right now I'm not even comfortable practicing alone. I'll only go when someone more experienced can go with me. Above all, I want to practice the right safety habits. Once I'm comfortable about my safety habits, I'll start practicing alone and won't have to wait until someone else can go with me.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Lynx Defense

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm happy to see that you are interested and anything is better than nothing.
    I hope you do get to the point that you carry, one less victim. Welcome!
    It's a toss up between being afraid to be in a position to need a gun and being afraid to use a gun. The thought of hurting someone is pretty intense. But, being more in control of my own safety is a wonderful thought.

As soon as I feel comfortably in control and calm in how I handle my Walther, I'll probably start to carry. Having a gun for protection needs a practiced, calm hand.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I have nothing to share so far. I've barely started. Yet, I've already collected 3 1/2 guns. The fourth one will be mine soon. In theory, I have an idea of the one more gun that I want. But, first I need to practice, practice, practice.

I feel like an outsider so far. Not only because I kind of am an outsider since I haven't practiced much yet. But, also because I can't handle anything more than a .380, not yet anyway. With practice, my hands and wrists should get stronger.

But, right now I'm not even comfortable practicing alone. I'll only go when someone more experienced can go with me. Above all, I want to practice the right safety habits. Once I'm comfortable about my safety habits, I'll start practicing alone and won't have to wait until someone else can go with me.

Thanks for the welcome!

Not to hijack the thread. Please feel free to come to the link below. A lot of experience, instruction(s), and various firearms that can be seen and tried.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/2018-oct-meet.86730/

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's a toss up between being afraid to be in a position to need a gun and being afraid to use a gun. The thought of hurting someone is pretty intense. But, being more in control of my own safety is a wonderful thought.

As soon as I feel comfortably in control and calm in how I handle my Walther, I'll probably start to carry. Having a gun for protection needs a practiced, calm hand.
    There are many classes and many that are designed for women. I hope I never have to use a gun against another human being, but I refuse to be a victim, therefore I want at least a fighting chance.

My thoughts are, if every law abiding citizen carried there would be a lot less violent crime, less victims of violent crime and the politicians would fear the wrath of the public.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    There are many classes and many that are designed for women. I hope I never have to use a gun against another human being, but I refuse to be a victim, therefore I want at least a fighting chance.

True, on both. "Babes and Bullets", "A Girl and a Gun" are two off the top. I also believe they have something like those, if not those exactly, in your area. Also check out Cornered Cat. It has a TON of info. specifically for women.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX

My thoughts are, if every law abiding citizen carried there would be a lot less violent crime, less victims of violent crime and the politicians would fear the wrath of the public.
    Absolutely!

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    True, on both. "Babes and Bullets", "A Girl and a Gun" are two off the top. I also believe they have something like those, if not those exactly, in your area. Also check out Cornered Cat. It has a TON of info. specifically for women.
    "Babes and Bullets" gets me Garfield. "A Girl and a Gun" does have a San Antonio chapter. Thank you!

Cornered Cat, I love it. Thanks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nope, not close. Well, closer than El Paso.
    Respectfully disagree. I come over from Houston. Lots of people travel further than that. Everybody brings fun stuff and shares.

Newbies get lots of attention and help...if you define "help" as people shoving guns and ammo at you and asking "Have you ever shot one of these? Would you like to? Here's how you operate it..."

:)

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Respectfully disagree. I come over from Houston. Lots of people travel further than that. Everybody brings fun stuff and shares.

Newbies get lots of attention and help...if you define "help" as people shoving guns and ammo at you and asking "Have you ever shot one of these? Would you like to? Here's how you operate it..."

:)
    Well . . . . Maybe I should read the thread before I decide how far is to far.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see you over there.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Thanks for the welcome!

You seem to have the right mindset for learning the correct way. Wish ya lived up in DFW I'd go shooting with ya regularly. Just got back today.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Definitely encourage you to come to the get-together. My little girl has gone with me twice now, and even though the one this spring was colder than the depths of outer space she's anxiously awaiting going again in October.
    Let us hope that it's not like spring, I had fun but it was miserable at the same time.

Top Bottom