EDC Fixed blades

Luigimoto

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 23, 2013
Tejas
The cold steel is heavy, the rat is expensive but I love them both.

Attachments

• 20DFB213-3830-4ACC-86BA-0794D0E390F6.jpeg
    20DFB213-3830-4ACC-86BA-0794D0E390F6.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22

skfullgun

The Earl of Happy-Hour
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I would like to explore a fixed blade as an EDC, but I would need to carry horizontally, due to my "overhang". I currently carry two knives EDC. One is an assisted opening folder in my front pocket (looking a a new Buck USA for this association) and a folding box-cutter with a replaceable blade in my back, left pocket.

Any suggestions for a horizontal, fixed-blade that is secure in the sheath/holster?

flgfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 16, 2020
The Woodlands
I would like to explore a fixed blade as an EDC, but I would need to carry horizontally, due to my "overhang". I currently carry two knives EDC. One is an assisted opening folder in my front pocket (looking a a new Buck USA for this association) and a folding box-cutter with a replaceable blade in my back, left pocket.

Any suggestions for a horizontal, fixed-blade that is secure in the sheath/holster?
I have a Guardian 3 that I can carry horizontally or vertically IWB. My intention was to EDC it, but I found that I much preferred carrying a folder in my pocket every day. The functionality adder wasn’t worth the added bulk along with an IWB Glock, and all the other stuff I carry (phone, keys, wallet, flashlight, dip…)

I do really like the fixed blade when I am doing outdoorsy stuff, though.

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia

If you're talking a "Get off me now" knife - the Kabar TDI is a good option. I sometimes carried a Columbia River Knife & Tool Stiff Kiss horizontal. Till we moved here, I made my own kydex holsters and sheathes. SOme of my tools got lost or left behind it seems, so I don't have everything I need to make stuff now. There are a few makers who offer a *good* sheath, the one the TDI comes with is pretty trash.

There's also the Clinch Pick designed by Craig Douglas, that's a solid close in fighting knife. IIRC it comes with a good sheath from jump.

TAZ

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 17, 2008
Round Rock
1 plus to the Clinch Pick. I cary one EDC. I have a slight overhang as well, but can make it work easy. If you want to go vertical you may need a different sheath though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA89

Certified NRA Custom Suit Tailor
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Snapped a couple quick pics of the Bradford Guardian 3 with the Armatus kydex sheath. It’s set up for IWB, and is easy to swap for belt loops for horizontal carry.

J7xInWe.jpg

GYDiaZt.jpg

4zTBNxF.jpg
Did it come sharp and is it worth the price? Looks awesome

Luigimoto

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 23, 2013
Tejas
Don’t know if they still make it but JB Knife and tool offer a clinch pick alternative. Would be easy to carry horizontally and takes up very little room. 3 inch long blade. 1 inch at its widest.
image.jpg

Definitely defensive not utility blade at all.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sep 5, 2021
Cedar Park
The shivworks ban tang customs products I will vouch as being amazing. I have not handled the China made versions.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts