• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Who else carries an EDC fixed blade?

My choice is an Amtac Northman. I tried a few and modifying the sheath of a few more. This has been my edc for the last year.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• 20210915_121220.jpg
      20210915_121220.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 145

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I have a Bradford Guardian 3 that I sometimes carry in an Armatus sheath. I usually only carry it if I'm doing stuff outdoors though - general day to day is always a folder for convenience.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I would like to explore a fixed blade as an EDC, but I would need to carry horizontally, due to my "overhang". I currently carry two knives EDC. One is an assisted opening folder in my front pocket (looking a a new Buck USA for this association) and a folding box-cutter with a replaceable blade in my back, left pocket.

Any suggestions for a horizontal, fixed-blade that is secure in the sheath/holster?

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I would like to explore a fixed blade as an EDC, but I would need to carry horizontally, due to my "overhang". I currently carry two knives EDC. One is an assisted opening folder in my front pocket (looking a a new Buck USA for this association) and a folding box-cutter with a replaceable blade in my back, left pocket.

Any suggestions for a horizontal, fixed-blade that is secure in the sheath/holster?
    I have a Guardian 3 that I can carry horizontally or vertically IWB. My intention was to EDC it, but I found that I much preferred carrying a folder in my pocket every day. The functionality adder wasn’t worth the added bulk along with an IWB Glock, and all the other stuff I carry (phone, keys, wallet, flashlight, dip…)

I do really like the fixed blade when I am doing outdoorsy stuff, though.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

If you're talking a "Get off me now" knife - the Kabar TDI is a good option. I sometimes carried a Columbia River Knife & Tool Stiff Kiss horizontal. Till we moved here, I made my own kydex holsters and sheathes. SOme of my tools got lost or left behind it seems, so I don't have everything I need to make stuff now. There are a few makers who offer a *good* sheath, the one the TDI comes with is pretty trash.

There's also the Clinch Pick designed by Craig Douglas, that's a solid close in fighting knife. IIRC it comes with a good sheath from jump.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    1 plus to the Clinch Pick. I cary one EDC. I have a slight overhang as well, but can make it work easy. If you want to go vertical you may need a different sheath though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Snapped a couple quick pics of the Bradford Guardian 3 with the Armatus kydex sheath. It’s set up for IWB, and is easy to swap for belt loops for horizontal carry.

J7xInWe.jpg

GYDiaZt.jpg

4zTBNxF.jpg
    Did it come sharp and is it worth the price? Looks awesome

Luigimoto

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Tejas
    Don’t know if they still make it but JB Knife and tool offer a clinch pick alternative. Would be easy to carry horizontally and takes up very little room. 3 inch long blade. 1 inch at its widest.
    image.jpg

Definitely defensive not utility blade at all.

Top Bottom