• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I have a 92fs and a S&W M&P 2.0 45acp. Both with threaded barrels and muzzle breaks.

I don’t carry the 45 unless I am hiking and the. I use a drop leg holster and OC.

I also sometimes carry my 92fs in my dropleg holster as well OC when hiking or camping and I am dual or triple carrying.

I also have a nice custom made leather belt holster for it as well. It’s not full CC or OC so combination. Legally it’s CC. However... Suffice it to say anyOne near me can tell I am carrying for sure, no doubt. But personally I don’t give a rats bum about if anyone approves or disapproves of OC.

However, I won’t carry my full size anytime I know where I am going doesn’t allow OC or its otherwise illegal to do so. Otherwise I carry my p365 and my Bond Arms Derringer with 2 3” magnum .41 shells.

Check Out lone star holsters here in Texas for custom made leather holsters. For the drop leg, check out Aliengear holsters.
    DK Firearms

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Cp919VN.jpg

PHuMPom.jpg

I also have a full size 1911 that I switch up to now and then. I'd like a 4.25" 9mm 1911 like the Wilson or a Staccato but for now, I've got what I've got. I used to have the 4" M&P 2.0 - I lusted after a Glock 19 size M&P because I thought it would be THE perfect carry gun - M&P ergos, Glock 19 form factor, 15+1... but it wasn't appreciably lighter, the barrel difference between a full size and the Compact is 1/4", and I found that the older 1.0 full size, with its lovely beavertail tang, shot flatter and faster for me than the 2.0 compact, despite the better trigger on the 2.0. The 2.0 4" had more muzzle flip, and I didn't group nearly as well with it as I do the older gun. I also used to own the original gen 1 Compact - the 3.5 inch 12+1 gun - and it actually also shot better than the newer mid size, but I dislike guns that use pinky baseplates as part of the grip, which the original compact (now dubbed Subcompact in the 2.0 lineup) does, as it tends to pinch my pinky between frame and mag, leading to annoying ouches on my pinky, as well as not properly seated mags.

If I *need* or want to go to a smaller gun, I borrow my wife's Shield. With a 7 round mag and after market aluminum baseplate I get a full firing grip, its slim and trim, but I also find that with front-of-hip carry, you need more muzzle or holster to offset belly-push (maybe less of a concern if I was 60 lbs lighter) so the full size guns actually carry more comfortably for me too. That is when I could legally carry. Can't wait to get my Texas LTC...

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    I'm trying to decide between the 365XL, 320XCompact, or even the P229 Compact. My local range has all available for rent, and just acquired about 2000 rds. in the last week, so need to test them out. I think the standard 365 is going to feel too small for me, the few times I've held, but not shot it.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    VP40 Tactical for my EDC. I use a JM Custom kydex aiwb holster. I prefer full size as compact is less comfortable to shoot, control, and manipulate for me.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Noticed a few revolvers mentioned. Has anyone carried with a 44mag? More specifically a 629 3”.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Noticed a few revolvers mentioned. Has anyone carried with a 44mag? More specifically a 629 3”.
    I carried this for a year or so in the early 90s.
    S&W_M657.jpg

Model 57 41 mag 3 inch N frame revolver. A Galco pancake holster with matching gun belt
    Should be the exact same weight as 629. Both on N frame. Right at 3 lbs +/- depending on bbl length.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I carried this for a year or so in the early 90s.
    View attachment 226229

Model 57 41 mag 3 inch N frame revolver. A Galco pancake holster with matching gun belt
    Should be the exact same weight as 629. Both on N frame. Right at 3 lbs +/- depending on bbl length.
    A 41 magnum. What a treat. Looks just like my 629.

I was on amazon looking for holsters. Found a iwb that I had to laugh at. I don’t know how anyone could hide that cylinder.

iwb I’ll probably stick to my xd mod2. 629 owb in a classic leather holster. I still gotta get my ltc and won’t until I see dr about my thyroid. My shakes have gotten worse and I fear my target score will be ugly now a days. Thank you for sharing that awesome looking 41 mag.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A 41 magnum. What a treat. Looks just like my 629.

I was on amazon looking for holsters. Found a iwb that I had to laugh at. I don’t know how anyone could hide that cylinder.

iwb I’ll probably stick to my xd mod2. 629 owb in a classic leather holster. I still gotta get my ltc and won’t until I see dr about my thyroid. My shakes have gotten worse and I fear my target score will be ugly now a days. Thank you for sharing that awesome looking 41 mag.
    It's only too big if you dont believe in monsters or things that eat you being on the prowl.

That said a bit extra fluff, aka lard ars, is amazing at helping to hide large guns IWB. Revolver cylinders disappear in the notch behind the pelvis at about 5 ish o'clock.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's only too big if you dont believe in monsters or things that eat you being on the prowl.

That said a bit extra fluff, aka lard ars, is amazing at helping to hide large guns IWB. Revolver cylinders disappear in the notch behind the pelvis at about 5 ish o'clock.
    So enjoy lots of great food!? That I can do sir!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I stay usually between 225 to 240 now. I can still hide full size weapons. I stand 6'2 in my shoes, although I'm only 6 feet tall, so that helps to look normal with a little protrusion from places.

The key is you gotta be committed to dress around the gun. Not fit the gun to your wardrobe. One size bigger pants. Heavy belt. A size bigger shirt. Slightly heavier fabrics and wearing t shirts under shirts and even an over shirt. Yes it gets warm but this method works.

I've known people, not me cause I'd never violate laws, who regularly carry in places like schools and public buildings and even pass check points and bag searches at stadiums and other facilities. No metal detectors obviously.
    Concealed is concealed. It's no joke to be committed to not abdicating your responsibility and right to protect yourself and loved ones. Especially when getting caught violating some unconstitutional laws could make you a felon.

YMMV. Personally I avoid such situations like the plague.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    Armoloy Mexican Carry.jpg

Don't think for a minute that this heater won't drag your drawers down!
    It takes some stout binder twine to cinch up under my tactical muffin top.
    Armoloy finish keeps it from rusting shut. Slim micarta grips for thin to win.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I'm 6'0", 165lbs. About as skinny as a man can be when not from Ethiopia or Venezuela.

I WANT to carry my .40 cal double stack 2011 SVI (my main competition blaster)... but it looks like I'm wearing a portable oxygen generator or CPAP machine under my shirt...

90% of the time it's a P365 in my front right pocket, and 10% a P938.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom