Hurley's Gold

EDC items, how do you do you carry it all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’ve seen a man wipe of pepper spray from his face and lick it. I have a dog who will take a can of pepper spray, puncture the can and lick up the contents. I have pepper and bear spray around, but a firearm is always at the ready if needed.
    Sure, there are those it doesn't effect and you can fight through it even if it does work on you,but it is applied at a distance so you should still have time to switch to other options if you need to. Having choices is good.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    When not working I carry G43 in OWB holster, or sometimes with a kydex trigger cover (great for in a cycling jersey pocket...)
    Wallet
    Cell phone
    Usually a pocket knife
    Sometimes OC spray

I go pretty light on my body but for me much more than that is packing for my fears rather than my needs. Your needs may be different, so I'm not judging what you carry. Situational awareness, letting go of your pride and maintaining your disengagement options is THE most important thing a person can do for their safety. Sometimes you can't disengage or escape and that's what the tools are for.

Veh borne equipment:
    IFAKs in all my vehicles (even theMCs) with multiple TQs and shears

Roscoe1612

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2020
    Georgia, USA
    OK, I have read through a lot of the posts on the forum, on what people bring with them for every day carry. Short of bringing a backpack or briefcase with you, how do you carry all the stuff?
    In reading the following items I think more or less hit everybody’s list:

Handgun
    Spare magazine or speed loaders
    Holster
    Knife or leatherman type tool (or both)
    Wallet
    Keys
    Phone (these keep getting bigger)

(for me it is a G27/spare mag/leatherman original/crkt m16 folder/steamlight “aaa” battery flashlight/wallet/iPhone/car key with fob)

some carry the following, in addition or instead of the above:

2nd handgun
    2nd spare magazine
    Flash light or tactical flashlight
    Bigger leatherman type tool
    Pens and notepad
    Lightweight armor
    Chemical sprays
    Etc

some articles even recommend having a pocket trauma kit with you . . .

Do you wear it all in your belt and in your pockets?
    Do you carry the spare magazines or speed loaders in your pockets or in a magazine pouch on your belt?
    I assume everyone has given up on trying to tuck in their shirt with every day carry. Is this correct?

This is one of the reasons I use a shoulder holster system as it takes care of the spare magazine and tactical flashlight issue for me, but definitely have to wear oversized shirts with patterns to hide it. I am not arguing for shoulder holsters, it’s just what works for me right now.

How do you guys do it?
    Is there a particular brand or style of pants you prefer for this?
    Particular brand of shirt for some of this?
    Do you wear a vest? (Clothing, not tactical)
    Suit jacket?
    Nap sack?
    Batman style utility belt?
    Fanny pack? (Very useful, but I just can’t stand the ridicule :cool:)
    Do you just hang it all off your belt and cover with shirt?

thanks
    Thescoutranch
    I carry a small bag from Elite. I always wear the gun and the knife is always in a pocket but the spare clip, the phone, and other assorted stuff can easily go in the bag and if I want it it is small and one hand or it can be put on my belt or it even had a shoulder strap I never use. If I don't need the "stuff" it stays in the truck in the bag under the seat. Things can also come in and out of the bag as missions change.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My wife wears one lol keeps all the small baby stuff she needs in there. I wouldnt ever wear one but she loves how convenient hers is
    I SOMETIMES carry my gear in a Patagonia Atom bag if I need more space for a short hike or something. It's slightly more gay than a fanny pack, but it's a well built bag and good if I want to carry a water bottle or two or snacks along with a full-size.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Work:

Leatherman sideclip
    Milwaukee hook bill
    Work keys
    Personal keys
    Cell phone
    Wallet clip

Off work:
    Leatherman sideclip
    Olight
    Pocket knife
    Wallet clip
    S&w shield 9mm
    Personal keys.
    Extra mag

I wear cargo shorts off work and cargo pants at work.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    people always say since im a skinny guy its easy to conceal but i have a harder time cause my shirts fit my profile and arent usually baggy

We all learn to "dress around" the gun(s). I have entirely different clothing for vacations in foreign lands where I can't be armed. In those places, I carry a heavy oak walking stick, police whistle, and tac-light. Here in the US, I just refuse to go where I can't carry. I'm learning to love being retired!
    leVieux

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    people always say since im a skinny guy its easy to conceal but i have a harder time cause my shirts fit my profile and arent usually baggy

Being a slim guy myself I agree with ya. Even if my shirts are some what baggy, my wife tells me I'm printing. My response is... it's still concealed...lol.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Anytime i see someone with a fanny pack, i always think they have a gun in there.
    A fanny pack can certainly help conceal whatever you are packing...
    07bc064a7282828559ee7ec2d2872735.gif

Top Bottom