DK Firearms

EDC items, how do you do you carry it all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Which is hilarious because I have seen so many people with fanny packs lately and none of them have guns :D

Every since they passed CC in Texas, any website you looked at about how to conceal, #1 option was always a fanny pack.

When i was still in Houston at my old job, we had a showroom. After interacting with my customers that had fanny packs, id always ask what kind of gun they were carrying. Most answered with Revolvers, Glocks & Shields.

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Dedicated my right front pocket for pocket carrying my ruger lcp ii and the rest is normal. I usually don't carry cash so my wallet is one of those newer super thin ones that holds your credit card, debit card, insurance card, and ID.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Front right pocket: knife and keys. Right rear pocket: wallet. Left front pocket : kleenex. Kydex holster IWB @ 4:00. P365 w/10+1. No spare magazine, but I do carry a spare magazine in the car console and 200 rounds of ammo in the trunk, just in case of a zombie invasion.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Rather than have a key ring with all my keys on it, I changed my setup probably 15-20 years ago. Now have a key ring for each car truck & bike with only the vehicle key and a house key. Simpler and less bulk.

On me, Spyderco knife and keys front pocket, phone other front pocket, wallet back pocket, pistol OWB with shirt untucked. I keep a spare mag with ball nose target rounds in the the truck for the off chance I need penetration. Small flashlight in the truck along with an empty coffee can and roll of toilet paper inside (I won’t get into why). I usually dont carry the spare mag on me because the intent is defense, and not a drawn out fire fight. I will take the spare mag in my other back pocket if I’m going to be outside of a populated area and away from my car. Wife and I like to walk in areas outside of our neighborhood where we might not fit in. In that case, I take the spare mag.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think I’m a bit more minimalist than
    y’all. I don’t like feeling like I’m carrying a ton of crap…

Wallet, super thin and lightweight.
    Sig IWB, 4 o’clock.
    Leatherman on my belt.

Keys are similarly minimalist…one key, remote key fob, O-light mini that’s barely larger than a AA battery.

And of course a watch.
    Always a mechanical watch because I’m a WIS - Watch Idiot Savant

House has electronic deadbolts so no key required.

10367F39-EF70-4AE7-8897-1D772FFE3A61.jpeg
    A589A700-5619-4DC4-B954-06ADCBA349EA.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Before the nursing home took them all, it was #1 gun various holsters IWB/OWB @ 4:00, 2 mags in OWB carriers @ 8:30 & 9:30, SpiyderCo, NAA & keys rt front, wallet lt rear, 1 mag lt front, heavy T-shirt with Kel-Tec lt chest pocket, suspenders b/t T & fishing shirts, tails out untucked. Extra Kel Tec mag lt front. Pen & tiny flashlight lt front shirt, phone in rt. I won't bore y'all with the rest. I have had friends kidnapped, tortured, murdered, and killed in home-invasions. Truck has hidden weapon(s) & ammo. Before anyone comments, my Police Detective/ATF Son couldn't find it after I told him it was there. Various back-up ammo, often a long gun in truck, too. Yes,, I frequently carry 100 rounds on-person, the suspenders help. My Daughters say that I "clank when I walk", but I don't care. Of course, now there's Nurse Ratchet to scare the BG's off. One observation: I've found it easier to hide things "in plain sight" than using concealment devices. One can mount a black-handled revolver onto the transmission hump of a Jeep so that it looks like a drive-train lever.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Rather than have a key ring with all my keys on it, I changed my setup probably 15-20 years ago. Now have a key ring for each car truck & bike with only the vehicle key and a house key. Simpler and less bulk.

On me, Spyderco knife and keys front pocket, phone other front pocket, wallet back pocket, pistol OWB with shirt untucked. I keep a spare mag with ball nose target rounds in the the truck for the off chance I need penetration. Small flashlight in the truck along with an empty coffee can and roll of toilet paper inside (I won’t get into why). I usually dont carry the spare mag on me because the intent is defense, and not a drawn out fire fight. I will take the spare mag in my other back pocket if I’m going to be outside of a populated area and away from my car. Wife and I like to walk in areas outside of our neighborhood where we might not fit in. In that case, I take the spare mag.
    I do the same thing with keys.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I guess this is considered a fanny pack but works great for me. For work I am almost always off body carrying. This fits a G19 with a light. Room for my phones, key fob, spare mag, and a knife. Have it slung diagonally across my chest.

Attachments

• 56573_983_01.jpg
      56573_983_01.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 88

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Car fob on one "ring" (a cable "ring"); house keys, customer office keys, flashlight (Fenix that uses a 123A battery ; brighter than the BIL's much bigger and much more expensive flashlight), tiny multi tool on another; wallet; pocket pistol; a pack with wipes, masks, and tools (so I tell customers, as I'm not wearing a mask) that really has a full size H&K USP, spare mags for it, and spare mags for the pocket pistol. There may be a mask in there somewhere.

Top Bottom