EDC items, how do you do you carry it all?

Sasquatch

Well-Known
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
So when I carry, if I'm wearing pants, like @benenglish 5.11's are pretty much all I wear unless I have to wear slacks. No pants are cut as comfortable, except maybe dockers. And they've got cargo pockets on each leg, big back pockets, magazine/nokia phone pocket, knife pocket... I started wearing them as work pants, and they were so damn comfy I bought more earthy tones for daily wear. So if I'm in pants, the knives are clipped to a pocket, a spare mag is in the left leg magazine pocket, flashlight and leatherman are worn on the belt, holster is AIWB, tuckable if I want to wear a tucked in shirt, but I generally go untucked most of the time.

If I'm in shorts, which is most days anymore since moving down here, I have mag carriers I've made that I can either wear on the belt, or I'll go with one of my pocket mag carriers - keeps the magazine oriented in the right position and keeps lint out of the guts. Spare mag goes in the left front pocket in that case. I'll carry one folding knife clipped in the right front pocket. Again - flashlight and multitool on the belt.

My "system" evolved over about the last 14 years, and it just works for me. I know exactly where everything is, I can access it without fishing for stuff, I can put it all back without rooting around or dealing with floppy containers etc. I typically stick with either full size guns, or compact guns - rarely do I carry subcompacts, as they're just not comfortable for me, for how I carry.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
So when I carry, if I'm wearing pants, like @benenglish 5.11's are pretty much all I wear unless I have to wear slacks. No pants are cut as comfortable, except maybe dockers. And they've got cargo pockets on each leg, big back pockets, magazine/nokia phone pocket, knife pocket... I started wearing them as work pants, and they were so damn comfy I bought more earthy tones for daily wear. So if I'm in pants, the knives are clipped to a pocket, a spare mag is in the left leg magazine pocket, flashlight and leatherman are worn on the belt, holster is AIWB, tuckable if I want to wear a tucked in shirt, but I generally go untucked most of the time.

If I'm in shorts, which is most days anymore since moving down here, I have mag carriers I've made that I can either wear on the belt, or I'll go with one of my pocket mag carriers - keeps the magazine oriented in the right position and keeps lint out of the guts. Spare mag goes in the left front pocket in that case. I'll carry one folding knife clipped in the right front pocket. Again - flashlight and multitool on the belt.

My "system" evolved over about the last 14 years, and it just works for me. I know exactly where everything is, I can access it without fishing for stuff, I can put it all back without rooting around or dealing with floppy containers etc. I typically stick with either full size guns, or compact guns - rarely do I carry subcompacts, as they're just not comfortable for me, for how I carry.
I don’t carry “sub-compacts” either. ;)

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
I carry either a P365 or a G26 depending on my mood in a kydex IWB holster.
I don't carry any spare magazines on me, (but I do carry a couple in my center console of my car).
I carry a cheapo knife, comb, ballpoint pen, and small thin AAA LED flashlight in my pocket.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
Nov 7, 2015
Some you might consider using a roller bag.

Gun - Check
Spare magazines - Check
Knife - Check
Phone - Check
Wallet - Check
Fire Extinguisher - Check
Mechanic's Creeper - Check
12' Extension Ladder - Check
Med Kit - Check
Power Washer - Check
Small Generator - Check
Roll of Tums - Check

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
View attachment 260634 One more variation. NAA, a reload, and the ability to make fire.
I recently started carrying a lighter (means to make fire) in me EDC. One of heroes in a book series I read did that & it made sense to me.

Until I started carrying a knife I never knew why people did. Now I use it frequently. Same with a flashlight.

I haven't used the lighter & dont expect to but still seems like a decent idea.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics