Lynx Defense

EDC items, how do you do you carry it all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So when I carry, if I'm wearing pants, like @benenglish 5.11's are pretty much all I wear unless I have to wear slacks. No pants are cut as comfortable, except maybe dockers. And they've got cargo pockets on each leg, big back pockets, magazine/nokia phone pocket, knife pocket... I started wearing them as work pants, and they were so damn comfy I bought more earthy tones for daily wear. So if I'm in pants, the knives are clipped to a pocket, a spare mag is in the left leg magazine pocket, flashlight and leatherman are worn on the belt, holster is AIWB, tuckable if I want to wear a tucked in shirt, but I generally go untucked most of the time.

If I'm in shorts, which is most days anymore since moving down here, I have mag carriers I've made that I can either wear on the belt, or I'll go with one of my pocket mag carriers - keeps the magazine oriented in the right position and keeps lint out of the guts. Spare mag goes in the left front pocket in that case. I'll carry one folding knife clipped in the right front pocket. Again - flashlight and multitool on the belt.

My "system" evolved over about the last 14 years, and it just works for me. I know exactly where everything is, I can access it without fishing for stuff, I can put it all back without rooting around or dealing with floppy containers etc. I typically stick with either full size guns, or compact guns - rarely do I carry subcompacts, as they're just not comfortable for me, for how I carry.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So when I carry, if I'm wearing pants, like @benenglish 5.11's are pretty much all I wear unless I have to wear slacks. No pants are cut as comfortable, except maybe dockers. And they've got cargo pockets on each leg, big back pockets, magazine/nokia phone pocket, knife pocket... I started wearing them as work pants, and they were so damn comfy I bought more earthy tones for daily wear. So if I'm in pants, the knives are clipped to a pocket, a spare mag is in the left leg magazine pocket, flashlight and leatherman are worn on the belt, holster is AIWB, tuckable if I want to wear a tucked in shirt, but I generally go untucked most of the time.

If I'm in shorts, which is most days anymore since moving down here, I have mag carriers I've made that I can either wear on the belt, or I'll go with one of my pocket mag carriers - keeps the magazine oriented in the right position and keeps lint out of the guts. Spare mag goes in the left front pocket in that case. I'll carry one folding knife clipped in the right front pocket. Again - flashlight and multitool on the belt.

My "system" evolved over about the last 14 years, and it just works for me. I know exactly where everything is, I can access it without fishing for stuff, I can put it all back without rooting around or dealing with floppy containers etc. I typically stick with either full size guns, or compact guns - rarely do I carry subcompacts, as they're just not comfortable for me, for how I carry.
    I don’t carry “sub-compacts” either. ;)

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Today’s load-out. It is strange I drag this much stuff with me every day. F- it. I’m not under-gunned at HEB on a Tuesday night at 8:30pm. Knowing that is good for me.
    86A4C376-7034-4044-8F56-667B6D8AD254.jpeg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I carry either a P365 or a G26 depending on my mood in a kydex IWB holster.
    I don't carry any spare magazines on me, (but I do carry a couple in my center console of my car).
    I carry a cheapo knife, comb, ballpoint pen, and small thin AAA LED flashlight in my pocket.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Some you might consider using a roller bag.

Gun - Check
    Spare magazines - Check
    Knife - Check
    Phone - Check
    Wallet - Check
    Fire Extinguisher - Check
    Mechanic's Creeper - Check
    12' Extension Ladder - Check
    Med Kit - Check
    Power Washer - Check
    Small Generator - Check
    Roll of Tums - Check

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    View attachment 260634 One more variation. NAA, a reload, and the ability to make fire.
    I recently started carrying a lighter (means to make fire) in me EDC. One of heroes in a book series I read did that & it made sense to me.

Until I started carrying a knife I never knew why people did. Now I use it frequently. Same with a flashlight.

I haven't used the lighter & dont expect to but still seems like a decent idea.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I feel pepper spray is a much under rated force option among LTC'rs

Maintains a reactionary gap with the same justification as a punch.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I’ve seen a man wipe of pepper spray from his face and lick it. I have a dog who will take a can of pepper spray, puncture the can and lick up the contents. I have pepper and bear spray around, but a firearm is always at the ready if needed.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    mong,

I agree if the pepper spray is some 'off the shelf no name pepper spray', but what I used on a regular basis to fend off attacking dogs (while cycling way out in the country) was 99% effective, but yes, there's that 1% who can shake it off...

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    mong,

I agree if the pepper spray is some 'off the shelf no name pepper spray', but what I used on a regular basis to fend off attacking dogs (while cycling way out in the country) was 99% effective, but yes, there's that 1% who can shake it off...
    The pepper spray on the man was administered by LE. I have no idea of the brand. My dog liked the Saber brand I had.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I have read through a lot of the posts on the forum, on what people bring with them for every day carry. Short of bringing a backpack or briefcase with you, how do you carry all the stuff?
    In reading the following items I think more or less hit everybody’s list:

Handgun
    Spare magazine or speed loaders
    Holster
    Knife or leatherman type tool (or both)
    Wallet
    Keys
    Phone (these keep getting bigger)

(for me it is a G27/spare mag/leatherman original/crkt m16 folder/steamlight “aaa” battery flashlight/wallet/iPhone/car key with fob)

some carry the following, in addition or instead of the above:

2nd handgun
    2nd spare magazine
    Flash light or tactical flashlight
    Bigger leatherman type tool
    Pens and notepad
    Lightweight armor
    Chemical sprays
    Etc

some articles even recommend having a pocket trauma kit with you . . .

Do you wear it all in your belt and in your pockets?
    Do you carry the spare magazines or speed loaders in your pockets or in a magazine pouch on your belt?
    I assume everyone has given up on trying to tuck in their shirt with every day carry. Is this correct?

This is one of the reasons I use a shoulder holster system as it takes care of the spare magazine and tactical flashlight issue for me, but definitely have to wear oversized shirts with patterns to hide it. I am not arguing for shoulder holsters, it’s just what works for me right now.

How do you guys do it?
    Is there a particular brand or style of pants you prefer for this?
    Particular brand of shirt for some of this?
    Do you wear a vest? (Clothing, not tactical)
    Suit jacket?
    Nap sack?
    Batman style utility belt?
    Fanny pack? (Very useful, but I just can’t stand the ridicule :cool:)
    Do you just hang it all off your belt and cover with shirt?

thanks
    Thescoutranch

The "Suspender Store" website is your friend !

leVieux

Top Bottom