EDC knife reco

Fishkiller

TGT Supporter
Jul 22, 2019
Frederickburg
I have carrying a Spyderco the last 10 years. I think it was a around $70 but it keeps a good edge for me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Thanks for the links and recos, I’ve got some research to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whistler

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jan 28, 2014
Northeast Texas
Carried expensive knives for a long time, lost or stolen I went through a bunch. Carried a CRKT Ignitor T for about 7 years now, brother carries an Ontario Rat II. Both roughly $40, hold up to harsh use and keep an edge.

I don't pay extra for 'brands' or impress friends in an EDC anymore. I have much more expensive knives but learned they're for BBQs and such.

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
I hate carrying alot of shit. Definitely not a nutnfancy type gearqueer so I highly recommend you spend $16 outside of your budget and get a spyderco dragonfly 2 ($66 on amazon). I carry my delica which is very similar inside the change pocket in my jeans. It weighs next to nothing, is thin and was extremely sharp out of the box

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
What the hell is a "nutnfancy type gearqueer"?
nutnfancy is a retard tool over on the YouTube that "reviews" all sorts of guns/knives/etc.
He is a notorious long winded blowhard shill who takes 45mins to tell you how to open a folding knife.
He sucks.

A gearqueer is a doof who buys the latest greatest "gear" thinking it'll turn him into a Tier 1 Ninja Operator.

SlimJim

Dec 3, 2019
US
Ah man, there are just way too many to recommend
I have a Biker Auto now that is awesome. Civivi is making awesome stuff. Kershaw, CRKT, has nice stuff. China made stuff is GTG too. I have a few Bestech with D2 steel at that price point.

Get what feels good in the hand with blade geometry that meets most common usage. O never carry on a belt pouch. It is always clipped

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
TGT Supporter
Dec 24, 2012
Hill County
Carried a Buck 110 until it got stolen. Got, and carried another until I used up the blade. Had a Boker Kalashnikov until I gave it to a friend that just fell in love with it. I've been carrying a Kershaw Link (link below) for the last few years without issue. Pretty good, general use, type knife. I use the serrations more often than the flat, so the flat holds an edge for me pretty well. I think I picked it up for about $25-30.00.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/link-serrated

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-Link-Assisted-Opening--34426

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
What the hell is a "nutnfancy type gearqueer"?
nutnfancy is a retard tool over on the YouTube that "reviews" all sorts of guns/knives/etc.
He is a notorious long winded blowhard shill who takes 45mins to tell you how to open a folding knife.
He sucks.

A gearqueer is a doof who buys the latest greatest "gear" thinking it'll turn him into a Tier 1 Ninja Operator.
Dude wears a fanny pack with like 10 knives and 7 multitools. He is a gear queer

Top Bottom