• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, we're prepping our emergency prepareness team here at the hospital just in case. I don't think anything is going to happen, but can never be too prepared.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, all the rich folks out here in Cinco Ranch cleared out the HEB down the street. It's funny, I heard people were buying frozen dinners...and for what??? How are you suppose to eat it if there's no electricity. And the lines for gas were a bit crazy this afternoon, then I go down the street earlier tonight and it was quiet and gas was still there with no line. I don't understand why people freak out at times like these. Even if you did have gas, where are you going to go anyways except sit on the freeway for 18hrs and go 5 miles only to have to fill up again. I just went home and fully loaded all my mags, just in case... ;-)

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Oh ya, people make a run on stores when ever something like this pops up. We don't have a lot of examples around here outside of Y2K. People cleared the HEB shelves in just a few hours :eek:

Now I admit, I do worry a little about this concidering what took place during Katrina. But I'm not going to make a run on HEB. I went on line and ordered some of those knock off MRE's. So God forbid anything should happen, the family and I can just hunker down...unless it warrants us to hit the road. As for loading the magazines, a firearm is about as useless as a stick without ammo. I keep a handfull of magazines loaded per firearm at all times.

Just incase your worried about long time storage of loaded magazines. Here is a thread I started on the subject. I'm about to fire the second one I stored load during the same time.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58312&highlight=yrs

Anyhow, personlay, I don't store magazines that long anymore. I simply rotate magazines.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    It's starting to getting a little gusty here West Texas. You can also see some clouds starting to roll in as well.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    25kuald.gif

I took the time to prepare a bit. lozl...

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Dayum....Chips and Oreos, that beats the hell out of my granola Bars :eek:

Well it's Wednesday, they say we may get some rain today. I got my fingures crossed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom