• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    I've been accused of being anal retentive about cleaning firearms. It must stem from my younger years of having little and making that last by proper maintenance. As a soldier and cop, my weapons were my life... Nuff said there..

In six decades of shooting and cleaning I've always strived to use the very best I could find. Lots of different solvents and oils have been used and tried. After all the various products I settled upon Eezox as my best "CLP" product. It's ability to repel carbon and fouling is supurb. When properly applied it forms a real working dry lube base. Protection from the elements is flat out remarkable. But all that hinges upon correct applications. Too often those that try it slosh on too much. Bad idea. A very thin coat is all it takes.

Eezox neutralizes black powder fouling. With continued use reduces cleaning time dramatically. Resists heat and cold better than nearly all conventional oil products. When applied in a thin coat and allowed to dry (key factor) the surfaces of the weapon are 100% protected and also take on the appearance of being like a new finish.

Now I personally endorse Eezox as a no nonsense real world working product. But if one chooses not to use it that's fine. But please use something to clean and oil your weapons. When running my gunsmith shop over 75% of "broken guns" were in reality just flat out filthy and jammed up by lack of care. And as a police Sgt I sent an officer home and got him a 3 day suspension for a M13 so filthy the cylinder would not rotate! His failure to maintain his weapon could cost lives... Again, nuff said.

Eezox is not cheap but it goes a long way. Two drops on an old shaving brush applies enough coverage for an average rifle or pistol. And once treated, the solvent acts quickly then evaporates leaving a barrier for contaminants. And it will provide more than enough lubrication for any weapon. I use it on my AR15 and after a year there is little sign of anything other than the normal spots we all know. But carbon almost falls off while cleaning. My old single actions and such look great and shoot well too. The arbor of BP revolvers are prone to fouling with conventional oils but not with the synthetic Eezox in place. And its great on electronics, knives, and more...

Ok, I'll shut up now and let y'all talk about your favorite oil and cleaner you use. After all, Eezox is the best kept secret in the gun community. :)

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    I'm not debating a thing. I was making a statement from a long-time experience. But I'm sure it'll turn into a debate shortly... Perhaps I shoulda kept my mouth shut and gone on cleaning my gear with Eezox. :rolleyes:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am a Hoppe's man. #9, their oil, and their Copper Cutter make up most of my firearm needs.

I don't get into the latest and greatest. To me it is all snake oil.

On top of that, I consider CLP and similar use products garbage. Anytime a product claims to "do it all" it usually doesn't do a good job of anything.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I am a Hoppe's man. #9, their oil, and their Copper Cutter make up most of my firearm needs.

I don't get into the latest and greatest. To me it is all snake oil.

On top of that, I consider CLP and similar use products garbage. Anytime a product claims to "do it all" it usually doesn't do a good job of anything.
    I agree. I’m a hoppes man myself. I still use clp though. Works good for cleaning but for lube I stick to hoppes

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    eezox is one of the better protectants as well

i just picked up a bottle of tri-flow.
    350b0d24ea7ab0476d8c39c3ff344ff5.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm not debating a thing. I was making a statement from a long-time experience. But I'm sure it'll turn into a debate shortly... Perhaps I shoulda kept my mouth shut and gone on cleaning my gear with Eezox. :rolleyes:

Share away. This forum is not short of opinions. Consider my comment a proactive comment about how this thread will probably go. ;)

I've read mixed things about Eezox myself. Glad it works for you and you are happy with it. It does seem to work well at corrosion protection which I am sure is very useful for folks that bury their bare metal guns at the beach.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I thought Ballistol was not petroleum based. I use it quits a bit - particularly on my black powder guns.

Top Bottom