• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    After all the various products I settled upon Eezox as my best "CLP" product.

Where do you buy it? The usual suspects don't carry it; it can be had from Amazon (not sold by Amazon, just fulfilled by Amazon) at inflated prices. Brick and mortar stores in Cibolo and Caddo Mills sell it, but that's a little far to drive.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Wade, do you use the spray or the squeeze can?

I use the can. I can't control a spray and despite the going price its quite economical because a little goes a long way. I stick with the can as I use about 3 drops on a shaving brush and can coat a pistol or rifle for complete coverage with a very thin coating. Spray is too much for me. Others may like it, but Eezox MUST go on thin. If allowed to puddle or be too thick and it will not work right.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been pretty happy with Ballistol on everything but I might pick up a sample of the Eezox and try it on one of my guns.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Yes sir, I know I tend to be very "wordy" at times. But in the 60+ years of shooting over 35 of them were spent as an armorer in the service and police work as a secondary MOS and a licensed gunsmith for decades. In that time and working on hundreds of firrarms I've found cleaning, lubrication, and rust prevention are paramount. I have used/tried/tested countless products. Of all tried & tested with super positive results are for wet oil product Ballistol is the very best I've used. For a dry product with even greater protection and lubrication per sq.in., Eezox it it. Thought not as versatile as Ballistol for treating dozens of materials, Eezox flat out gets it done if used correctly and consistently. Some people tend to use too much thinking its an oil. Or they clean with #9 then "oil" with Eezox. Wrong... Eezox is a stand alone chemical compound designed to function on its own.

I'm sure some are saying " Ok Wade, we get it. You like the stuff." But firearms and their care were critical to my profession and I took it seriously. So forgive me if I get carried away at times. I've been "the old sarge" for so long watching over my troops I tend to still do it with folks I know. And y'all just got adopted.;)

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    @Buckshot Wade ...

Thank you very much for the report. I'll have my sample order this week. Over the next couple, I'll be coating all of my long guns and several of my handguns.

I will admit to runn'n them wet, so I'm nervous about lubing slides on my 1911s with a dry lube. I'm gonna start with a Rock and see how it does. in your experience, does Parkerization slurp it up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    @Buckshot Wade ...

Thank you very much for the report. I'll have my sample order this week. Over the next couple, I'll be coating all of my long guns and several of my handguns.

I will admit to runn'n them wet, so I'm nervous about lubing slides on my 1911s with a dry lube. I'm gonna start with a Rock and see how it does. in your experience, does Parkerization slurp it up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've used this on an '81 Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45 and the dry lube of Eezox stays put and does not burn off or get gummy. Since the Eezox use on this 45, wear has stopped.

Parkerized finish might take a second coat, but like with my 45, once on it stays put and keeps that 45 singing! A single coat on my AR15 is great. Inside, its as smooth and slick as can be. Zero wear other than the slight polishing expected, but a tad less. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom