• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I had a ported barrel for my P226 for awhile. It shot great and was accurate. Just dropped in. I sold it because I didn't shoot with it much, and I wanted the cash for something else. I think their products are good quality.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Same as Navyguy, i had one , shot really well, made a hell of a flash, not too useful for concealed carry though. Well made product.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I got Fire Dragon barrel for my P229 and did not like it. The point of aim changed drastically. I have P229 .40 and I wanted a .357 Sig barrel since they use the same magazine and action. I ended up with a used .357 Sig barrel from Gun Trader that had the same point of aim as the .40. As far as shooting, it did not seem to make very much difference, except the aiming problem. The quality and operation of the FD seemed very good.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I would never question first hand experinece, but let me say that it is common knowlage that .40 Sigs use different height sights then .357 and 9mm in the same gun. Recoil related. I had a P239 .40 that I bought a Sig .357 barrel for, and it shot very low with the 6/8 .40 sights. 9mm and .357 are spec'd with 8/8 hight sights and .40 and .45 with 6/8. You can't blame high/low on the barrel unless it's tuned to the sights.

riata2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Pensacola
    I have two of them. Bought them about 6 weeks ago. One for my Glock 23 and the other for my XD.40sc. Upon receipt, cleaned them and went to an indoor range and they performed good. Took them to an outdoor range with my brother who is an AVID shooter and we had two FTE's. May have been ammo, not sure, but on the companies package it says may need a little polishing. My brother polished the area as directed and we went back and shot them and both performed flawlessly.
    Yesterday went to the range and shot shoot 100rds. thru each and had 2 FTF's and 1 FTE. Not barrel or gun problems but cheap Tulow ammo. Two shells had primer hits but NO bang and the FTE not sure what may have caused it.
    I got these for the following reasons: First on the Glock you don't have to buy 9mm mags. it works with your existing .40 mags. You do need 9mm mags. for the XD as the round "jams" if you try the .40 XD mag.
    Second it came to cost of the rounds. Being retired money is tight and I figure over the my shooting life I can shoot more 9mm at about .22 cents around than .40 at about .35 cents around.
    The company does not always respond well to after-the-sale questions, so be-aware.
    Hope this helps

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have two of them. Bought them about 6 weeks ago. One for my Glock 23 and the other for my XD.40sc. Upon receipt, cleaned them and went to an indoor range and they performed good. Took them to an outdoor range with my brother who is an AVID shooter and we had two FTE's. May have been ammo, not sure, but on the companies package it says may need a little polishing. My brother polished the area as directed and we went back and shot them and both performed flawlessly.
    Yesterday went to the range and shot shoot 100rds. thru each and had 2 FTF's and 1 FTE. Not barrel or gun problems but cheap Tulow ammo. Two shells had primer hits but NO bang and the FTE not sure what may have caused it.
    I got these for the following reasons: First on the Glock you don't have to buy 9mm mags. it works with your existing .40 mags. You do need 9mm mags. for the XD as the round "jams" if you try the .40 XD mag.
    Second it came to cost of the rounds. Being retired money is tight and I figure over the my shooting life I can shoot more 9mm at about .22 cents around than .40 at about .35 cents around.
    The company does not always respond well to after-the-sale questions, so be-aware.
    Hope this helps

Tried loading some 9mm into a one of my .40 mags, didn't look like it was gonna work very well.

I sent them an email last wednesday asking which barrel length the one I'm looking at will replace and still no response. There is only one ported 9mm conversion barrel and it doesn't specify what length it was made to replace. Think I will try calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies

riata2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Pensacola
    I loaded and shot almost 200 rds from the .40 Glock mag with no problems at all. On the Lone Wolf site they say you need Glock 19 15rd 9mm mags to shoot there conversion barrel. I just got some used G19 mags and tried them and they work as well as the Glock 23 .40 mags.
    Good Luck

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I would never question first hand experinece, but let me say that it is common knowlage that .40 Sigs use different height sights then .357 and 9mm in the same gun. Recoil related. I had a P239 .40 that I bought a Sig .357 barrel for, and it shot very low with the 6/8 .40 sights. 9mm and .357 are spec'd with 8/8 hight sights and .40 and .45 with 6/8. You can't blame high/low on the barrel unless it's tuned to the sights.

That sounds like more than I know about them. In use, the .357 Sig barrel from Sig is spot on at 15 yards. The EKF shoots 4 inches low. If I intended to make the change permanent then I might have adjusted the sights and I am sure it would have been fine. I did not have any FTE's, it worked smoothly. The drop may be attributed to the compensation on the barrel, since the Sig barrel did not have it.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    That sounds like more than I know about them. In use, the .357 Sig barrel from Sig is spot on at 15 yards. The EKF shoots 4 inches low. If I intended to make the change permanent then I might have adjusted the sights and I am sure it would have been fine. I did not have any FTE's, it worked smoothly. The drop may be attributed to the compensation on the barrel, since the Sig barrel did not have it.

Without chronograph data, it sounds like the SIG barrel was just faster than the other barrel.

Top Bottom