downloadfile-19.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    If that's the case this whole thing even lamer than I thought.
    It may be lame looking back at current regs, but looking forward it would take the teeth out of proposed federal assault weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, classifying braced pistols as SBRs, Universal Background Checks, and all the other silly crap they will come up with in the future.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...looking forward it would take the teeth out of proposed federal assault weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, classifying braced pistols as SBRs, Universal Background Checks, and all the other silly crap they will come up with in the future.
    Would it? Almost every "2A Sanctuary" bill I've ever seen merely said that state resources would not be used to help enforce new federal laws. That's completely meaningless. Any new law need merely be bundled with a charge under an old law and, voila'!, the state authorities will still help the feds do their thing. Even if the feds don't bundle infractions, the 2A Sanctuary bills merely provide that state authorities won't help. There's nothing to prevent the ATF from arresting someone in a 2A Sanctuary state and then plopping them into the nearest Fusion Center holding cell to await hearings in the nearest federal court. If they structure their enforcement right, the ATF doesn't need help from any state.

Most "2A Sanctuary from the feds" actions are nothing more than virtue signalling from the right, the same sort of crap we deride the leftists for doing.

Now, the County Sheriffs who have declared 2A sanctuaries against state law may be a good thing with some utility. But the anti-fed stuff? That's just posturing.

As another poster has said, those declarations by a state will only have some small meaning when the state encourages a suppressor manufacturer to sell in their state without involving the feds. And that meaning will remain small and useless unless the state also commits LE personnel to directly protect that company from the ATF agents who will come calling.

In short, until Texas Rangers are physically barring Special Agents with the BATFE from enforcing laws, something that will probably require gunfire to be effective, 2A Sanctuary bills/laws/status will remain utterly meaningless and useless.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Would it? Almost every "2A Sanctuary" bill I've ever seen merely said that state resources would not be used to help enforce new federal laws. That's completely meaningless. Any new law need merely be bundled with a charge under an old law and, voila'!, the state authorities will still help the feds do their thing. Even if the feds don't bundle infractions, the 2A Sanctuary bills merely provide that state authorities won't help. There's nothing to prevent the ATF from arresting someone in a 2A Sanctuary state and then plopping them into the nearest Fusion Center holding cell to await hearings in the nearest federal court. If they structure their enforcement right, the ATF doesn't need help from any state.

Most "2A Sanctuary from the feds" actions are nothing more than virtue signalling from the right, the same sort of crap we deride the leftists for doing.

Now, the County Sheriffs who have declared 2A sanctuaries against state law may be a good thing with some utility. But the anti-fed stuff? That's just posturing.

As another poster has said, those declarations by a state will only have some small meaning when the state encourages a suppressor manufacturer to sell in their state without involving the feds. And that meaning will remain small and useless unless the state also commits LE personnel to directly protect that company from the ATF agents who will come calling.

In short, until Texas Rangers are physically barring Special Agents with the BATFE from enforcing laws, something that will probably require gunfire to be effective, 2A Sanctuary bills/laws/status will remain utterly meaningless and useless.
    Obviously it wouldn't prevent federal agents from making arrests, but would they expend the resources to pursue, arrest, and prosecute average law abiding citizens for possessing a 20 round mag, or an AR pistol with a brace? Not having to worry about city, county, and state LE arresting me for large capacity mags and or an unregistered pistol with a brace, I know I would breathe a lot easier when I travel to my private property, or even to a gun range for target practice. The feds aren't swarming in to marijuana sanctuary states to arrest individuals, growers, and sellers.

I have never come in contact with or had a federal agent come in contact with me during my normal daily activities. Can't say the same for local, county, and state authorities. At least I know I won't be arrested during a traffic stop or by a game warden while hunting, if I happen to have the wrong kind of magazines on me or a brace attached to my pistol. Therefore, SB513 would not be utterly meaningless and useless to me.

I don't think of it as virtue signaling, I think of it as a great big middle finger to Joe Biden, or whomever is in charge of him. I would rather have this bill than not have it. This bill only refers to new federal laws and does not apply to NFA items like suppressors. That was tried and failed in Kansas.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have to agree with @benenglish that many of the so-called "2nd Amendment Sanctuary" provisions don't have a lot of power behind them. It's kind of way to make gun owners feel good, just like all the feel good gun control laws make the anti-gun people feel all warm and fuzzy.

Unless the states passing such provisions are telling the federal government, and their enforcement agents to pound sand, and that ANY federal officer coming into their state will be arrested. charged and prosecuted for harassing any citizen in their state, Ben is correct, it's nothing more than posturing.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It is easy to not comply when you cannot get it in the first place.

I am concerned with loss of rights, and the inability to buy gun stuff., especially future generations. Losses are usually permanent, we rarely ever get rights back. But when nobody fights back, it is easy to take them.
    Hear hear

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I keep wanting to add a serious comment of my own to this thread but the thread title makes that nearly impossible for me. The thing that gets me and has me almost puking in disgust, each time I see it, is the use of what amounts to a pet name for that scumbag Joe Biden; really - El Bido! What will be next, La Dromtoe for Harris?

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The actual outcome and legalities will take some time to evolve, but the Democrats got what they needed; the lackey media giants git to blast Joe’s major steps to stop gun violence. Legal, impractical, enforceable, effective or logical are all far less important than the optics.

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Largely symbolic.

But sometimes symbology is important.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    I dgaf- as long as I know these idiots will come asking for my AKR1547 Ass-salt Machine Gun with 100 rd clip and "bumper thingy that makes it kill people faster", I think I'm safe.
    "Nope. Sorry, I don't have one of those."

Dennyntx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2020
    Texas
    If it was truly about saving lives they would be going after pistols way more people are killed from someone using a pistol than all rifles and shotguns combined. It's all about being able to control the people. They are just trying to ban guns that are the biggest threat to them. It has nothing to do with saving lives

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If it was truly about saving lives they would be going after pistols way more people are killed from someone using a pistol than all rifles and shotguns combined. It's all about being able to control the people. They are just trying to ban guns that are the biggest threat to them. It has nothing to do with saving lives

Welcome to TGT.

It never has been about saving lives, and it never will be about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. That is just the narrative they feed the voters to make them feel all warm and fuzzy at night.

It's always been about power and control.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Welcome to TGT.

It never has been about saving lives, and it never will be about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. That is just the narrative they feed the voters to make them feel all warm and fuzzy at night.

It's always been about power and control.

Ask any good totalitarian leader what is the 2 things one must do to gain and remain in power.

Control the information

Disarm the population.

They be working on both folks.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don’t think a 3D printer is really a tool in the fight against gun control. It may be a way to make something the the gov says is illegal or has banned the sale of, but the gun control and infringements are still there and within a generation most everyone’s kids or grandkids will have turned all of it over to law enforcement when their parents pass away because with most have it no way to learn about firearms or go shooting without the risk of the ATF showing up there will be no connection making keeping anything found worth the risk.
    Proliferating and normalizing civil disobedience is definitely an effective tool. It could be a fun activity for little Timmy every time he goes to grandpa's house he gets to print, assemble, and shoot one of those illegal ghost guns. Then at the end of the day it gets dissembled and ground up for recycling. Kids love doing illegal stuff.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Proliferating and normalizing civil disobedience is definitely an effective tool. It could be a fun activity for little Timmy every time he goes to grandpa's house he gets to print, assemble, and shoot one of those illegal ghost guns. Then at the end of the day it gets dissembled and ground up for recycling. Kids love doing illegal stuff.

Timmy also loves banging his teacher. But he can’t keep his mouth shut about it. Kids love bragging about doing illegal things so Grandpa and teacher end up in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Timmy also loves banging his teacher. But he can’t keep his mouth shut about it. Kids love bragging about doing illegal things so Grandpa and teacher end up in jail.
    With enough people committing civil disobedience, prison is just a place to visit your friends. Heck, you might even get the chance to beat a pedo to death.

Top Bottom