• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idriveajeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Just outside El Paso
    Went to "A smokin gun " store, on the west side, cuz it's close to where I live. It,s .......not REALLY a gun store. Ya gotta have more guns than me, to be a gun STORE ! ! ! Real nice guy though !

How long ago was that, I want a couple months back and was told the original owner died and they were closing up the gunshop(the brother ran a bike shop out of the same place). The dude was nice, while others were taking advantage of the obamania and selling AKs for $800 instead of the usual $400, he just cracked open the kelly blue book gun book and said "well it retails for $450, so I'll sell it to ya for $420".

He could never get ahold of anyone to order it though.
    Military Camp

Torquemada

Dum Spiro Proelior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    El Paso - Republic of Texas
    How long ago was that, I want a couple months back and was told the original owner died and they were closing up the gunshop(the brother ran a bike shop out of the same place).

Yes, that was Pete who originally ran A Smokin' Gun. He was an exemplary fellow who had some of the best deals in town and some of the best gunsmithing rates as well. He was a larger than life individual and I'm proud to count myself as one of his friends. Rest in Peace buddy.

God bless,
    Joshua

Top Bottom