Military Camp

El Paso based TGT shoot days, LET'S DO IT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Interesting. I've always thought of the Gap as West.

Oh. Hm, well I suppose it is, depending on where you are. For me, it's pretty much north.

I’m down to learn and meet new people. Saturday around 1200 I have a work thing, but I’m available after that.

I'd prefer a Sunday, at around 5 or 6 so the sun is settling into the west, being less hot but still allowing us to see for a few more hours. Not sure if I can do Saturday because it's the sabbath and I may be doing lengthy Bible study with the family.

So I'm going to throw a date and time out, and yall say if you can do it.

Sunday, the 14th, at 5:30 PM, at the gap? I'll leave a photo of a pin on the location so yall see exactly where it is.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    So... Sunday, August 14th @ 5:30 p.m. is still the time?
    Can you take a photo on Google Earth and mark out the location where we meet and set up?

FYI, that's only 2.5 hours of daylight.

How many of us are there?

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    I’m going to head to this white gate near the Sierra Vista trailhead. If JColumbus posts the spot he is thinking of meeting I will head there.
    2D718FDD-613D-4307-8BE4-8B9EB3C65BC4.png

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Solid night shooting fellows. Picked up a big bag of trash, got some good reps in with my .22 bolt action, and had the range all to myself.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    born and raised in elpaso, family had a place between canutillo and anthony. the anthony gun club was like 10 minutes from our place, off the gas line road just in new mexico. i think. hell, your front porch can be in TX and your garage in new mex. is it still there? was on the east side of I10. nice rock house /storage, cement benches. i moved in 2001.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    born and raised in elpaso, family had a place between canutillo and anthony. the anthony gun club was like 10 minutes from our place, off the gas line road just in new mexico. i think. hell, your front porch can be in TX and your garage in new mex. is it still there? was on the east side of I10. nice rock house /storage, cement benches. i moved in 2001.
    Still there. I knew a man who’s house was in both States. Knew a bar that was in both States.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    back in the day that was not uncommon. the bar was the Anthony Gap Saloon if i remember right. my drivers lisc said anthony tx, with the new mexico zip code as the post office was on the new mexico side. caused a lotta problems. as you got to the top of trans mtn road if you looked straight down on the right (south) side there was an old ranch at the bottom. feds used to go there to shoot their full autos. rancher was real protective of who he'd let go on there until his son was killed in a motorcycle accident on trans mtn in the early 80s. he didn't care after that. left side of trans mtn was Tom Mays Park. lottsa bandidos keg partys there. went to quiet one down one day. they offered to buy my badge. Asleep At The Wheel was playing one night at the saloon in anthony. they sent us in to ID and kick out the underage kids. didn't have the heart. let em all stay. got a semi standing ovation when i left.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Cool.

I didn't go, because I was unsure anyone would be out there.
    No one responded to post #105, and I had no idea where it was taking place.

Thanks for the map...

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    No worries, let’s get the next one scheduled. Y’all know the local area better than I do. The place I shared on the map was fine for me and truthfully I like going to places that are trashed and cleaning them up. Or at least trying to clean them up. Then doing a bit of shooting after.

How does August 28th sound, say 5:30? Sunset is at 7:36 so that still gives about 2 hours and I suppose temperatures aren’t gonna get worse.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey guys I apologize for being the guy who started the thread but then being absent. My son ended up being admitted to the hospital and then my Jeep broke down on the way, and this all while my phone had broke the previous night. So I was stressed out and simply forgot to come check back.

None of that is an excuse, I should have remembered and should have checked back. I am sorry.

Please contact this number until I post back that my phone is fixed. 915 253 4365

I would love to meet up with yall soon. My Jeep is still being worked on, so right after that. Kids ok. His tonsils are so enlarged that he has trouble sleeping when he's asleep. They gave him steroids to shrink them, so he's a lot better, but my wife and I are pretty much on hour intervals to move him all night when he gets in positions that make it hard for him to breath. The surgeon didn't want to take them out, but instead wants to do a sleep study, first, which in my opinion is really pointless and dumb, but whatever I'm not a doc.

Anyway. I should have my Jeep back before the end of the month, so I'm gonna say; How about September 11th, Sunday, in the morning or evening? Let me know!

God bless you all and I look forward to meeting up and having a... incoming pun... BLAST.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    No worries, let’s get the next one scheduled. Y’all know the local area better than I do. The place I shared on the map was fine for me and truthfully I like going to places that are trashed and cleaning them up. Or at least trying to clean them up. Then doing a bit of shooting after.

How does August 28th sound, say 5:30? Sunset is at 7:36 so that still gives about 2 hours and I suppose temperatures aren’t gonna get worse.
    If it is the same spot you showed on the screenshot, I will be there.

Top Bottom