• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I have never been to the range at EPCC. I have always heard it was nice, but it's about 35 miles from me. The guys at Sportsman's Elite on Mesa are building an indoor range at Donaphin and Osbourne. Supposed to be ready in August is what I heard. That one is about 10 minutes from me.
    Venture Surplus ad

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Moshow9....I seen that one the other day....right there where Mr. Yamaha was. Thanks for the heads-up on the folks there and their pricing.

FDC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    El Paso
    Anyone have any recommendations on good shops to consign guns at?

I'm new in town(working on Biggs for a year) and haven't had a chance to go looking yet.

Thanks

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Welcome FDC......I think all the shops will, but I have never consigned anything. You will probably make more money on what you are selling if you pursue it privately (Remember private sales laws for Texas....I believe you must be a resident of Texas). Try the classifieds here, or try elpasoguntrader.com. I have had good results both places. Since El Paso is so far from the rest of Texas, I find epgt to be more convenient for firearms, but both are great for accessories.

FDC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    El Paso
    Thanks. I'm used to face to face from previous states I have lived in, and by definition, I am a resident via my employment. Just prefer to let the shops do the work. No issue with the 10-15% fees on consignments. Haven't even decided what I want to get rid of yet and I'm still waiting on it all to get delivered out of my household goods anyways.

Dzscubie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Hey guys new to the forum. Lived in El Paso for the past 25 years. Don't forget the El Paso Gun Club range out near Wet and Wild. It takes a bit to get there (about a mile east toward the mountan) but for rifle is very nice, concreat tables and covered out to 200 meters. Pistol range needs work but I'm working on that. You can do a google search for El Paso Gun Club and get more information. Membership is $65 a year for the family and you have access to the range anytime from dawn to dusk.

Have a good one.

Scubie

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Hiya Scubie....welcome.....I was a member out there for a few years....being mainly a pistol shooter, I found that it sort of sucked that I would travel all the way out there to find the one and only pistol range taken. I tried shooting pistol from the far end of the rifle range, but felt that I was a bother to the rifle shooters when I would need to change targets often, or reset my knock-downs.....got some dirty looks, lol. For rifle, it is an awesome range, but for pistol it needs some help.

Dzscubie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    El Paso, Texas
    Chrs,

Thanks for the welcome. I agree on the lack of pistol range for the club and i'm activly working on changing that, myself and a few others. I work rotating shifts so most of my time is early morning or late afternoon evening so I usually have the pistol range to myself. My wife is a Anthony Police Officer so she patrols out there (I know it's El Paso but they don't go out there and she wants to keep the vandals out) and lets me know when the range is empty if I'm planning on going out there.

I also have called a few yotes in at dusk and it's nice when they walk down a marked out range... easy shots. LOL.

Scubie

FDC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    El Paso
    There is a new gun shop called Gun Central, located @ 6024 Gateway Blvd E,

Stopped in there today. Great shop, friendly folks, and darn good prices on some popular handguns(M&P). Had lots of Glocks including several Gen 4 versions, but I'm not much of a Glock fan so I didn't pay them too much mind. I agree that the inventory is not set yet, but firearms wise it isn't bad. Too many pocket pistols for my taste, but that might be a result of the bigger stuff selling better. I didn't see any used firearms in there-still looking for a place that also deals in the used market.
    I do believe that they would be willing to work with someone as far as buying, consigning, or FFL transfers. Just that they haven't set there policy on it yet.

LT41mag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    El Paso
    The 2 gun shops on Mesa both deal in used weapons more so for Collectors Gun Exchange then Sportsmens Elite. I do recommend both shops.

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    I do believe that they would be willing to work with someone as far as buying, consigning, or FFL transfers. Just that they haven't set there policy on it yet.
    I went in again last week Friday to put down a deposit on a P938 (Two-Tone, Blackwood) and inquired about FFL transfers. They told me it would be $25 to receive, $30 to ship out. For FFL transfers I normally use Brian Montalbano (great guy btw), but he's more of a drive for me with him being in the NE. Prices are the same to receive.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Where is a good place in El Paso for gunsmith work. Need work on an AR.

Only two I know of is at Collectors on Mesa and Chuy in Northeast. The smith at collectors is a really nice guy and did some work for me. They were more expensive than I thought they would be, but were fast. Never been to Chuy but have heard his work is awsome, but he is moody...lol.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Stopped in there today. Great shop, friendly folks, and darn good prices on some popular handguns(M&P). Had lots of Glocks including several Gen 4 versions, but I'm not much of a Glock fan so I didn't pay them too much mind. I agree that the inventory is not set yet, but firearms wise it isn't bad. Too many pocket pistols for my taste, but that might be a result of the bigger stuff selling better. I didn't see any used firearms in there-still looking for a place that also deals in the used market.

Great place People and prices. I happened to stop buy before they opened and was able to talk with them. I couldn't have been happier. its a family owned place that strives to give us the best prices. Definitely worth stopping buy.

WANTED

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    El Paso
    So there's a new shop in town that opened up on the 10, and their prices are rather reasonable. I want to say Central Firearms is their name, but they took over an old motorcycle shop off the I10, and are pretty easy to find. They have a lot of stuff in stock too.

Edit: Name of the shop is Gun Central

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom