• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Knew Abbott would take it easily. Still on the fence with LT. Gov.....dont like Dewhurst, but not completely convinced Patrick is any better. He did stand in the way of some good bills, plus he stood with Carona. At least Huffines took care of him. Cornyn won because he had the bank roll and Stockman didnt show up to get his name out there enough. I did not vote for Dewhurst or Patrick....I voted for Patterson.

I voted for Patterson too but I'm not disappointed that Patrick put it on Dewhurst. I was extremely surprised.

I don't see how he can lose to Dewhurst in the runoff. Figure those who voted non-Dewhurst should come out and do the same again.

When is the runoff?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    "Tonight, the people’s voice took the first step of going to the lieutenant governor’s office of the state of Texas,” Patrick told supporters in Houston. He credited his finish to the tea party, staunch conservatives and grass-roots efforts.
    “We will show the rest of the country what it means to be conservative,” he said to the cheering crowd. “We will never let the Democrats take the state of Texas from us.”

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    There's a lot of bitching about Cornyn in our forum but I couldn't find another candidate who was better. His NRA A+ rating is what I went for. If you want Cornyn out, you're gonna need to run better opponents.

Flash

Let's not forget that the same NRA gave an "A+" rating to Harry Reid in his last election bid also. That's why my NRA dues now go to the National Association for Gun Rights. Anytime a senator or congressman shows any slack in supporting the 2nd, the NAGR is all over it. They, in fact, emailed out a good number of letters written by Steve Stockman while Texans were duped by Cornyn ads while the MSM tried to paint Stockman as a controversial choice. That in itself should have been enough to convince Texans that Stockman was the better choice and he has a congressional record to prove it. So we get 6 more years of Cornyn posing as a supporter of the 2nd because in reality, we only have ourselves to blaim.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Cornyn is one of those politicians who thinks posing with a hunting rifle in some hunting gear is what the 2ndA is all about. I like it when I see Perry and Abbott shooting at the range, shooting handguns and AR's. If your a politician and want to impress me, put THAT kind of stuff in your commercials and on your websites.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I'm going to go with Dan Patrick in the run off. I don't hate David Dewhurst, just don't like him !

Dewhurst laid down and lost control of the Senate when Wendy Davis went on her filibuster over abortion. To me he showed weakness when it counted the most and that shows a lack of leadership and it appears many think the same way.
    I don't hate him at all it is just his time to move on.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dewhurst laid down and lost control of the Senate when Wendy Davis went on her filibuster over abortion. To me he showed weakness when it counted the most and that shows a lack of leadership and it appears many think the same way.
    I don't hate him at all it is just his time to move on.

I was a Dewhurst defender for a long time. He needs to go.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Dan Patrick excellent, Cornyn is a RINO with lots of bucks he will return to fence setting again.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    When Dewhurst rolled over and pulled the TSA Groping bill when he got sent a letter from the DOJ I was through with him. All that for it after he was against BS didn't change my mind one bit. I was not surprised when Abortion Barbie and the Shit Slingers hit the Capitol and pushed the Legislature into another special session. The guy is a political wuss and needs to be gone years ago.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    One thing to consider: Cornyn spent a lot of time and money against candidates who spent a fraction of both and was only able to get 59% of the Republican vote. Cornyn must be wondering if the 41% will vote or sit out the race....or even vote third party. Add to that a Democratic candidate who can equal or surpass Cornyn's spending (thanks to Battleground Texas), and Cornyn will be sure to have a lot of sleepless nights.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Bottom