• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Looks like Cornyn is going to slide back in to the Senate but it looks like RINO Dewhurst is going to get the boot. If Stockman would've ran a semi decent campaign I think the Senate race would've been a lot closer. Definitely disappointed in how he managed his campaign.
    ARJ Defense ad

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Stovall nor Stockman were even close. Someone is gonna have to run with big bucks and big names if they wanna compete. I couldn't believe how low their votes were, very surprising and disappointing.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There's a lot of bitching about Cornyn in our forum but I couldn't find another candidate who was better. His NRA A+ rating is what I went for. If you want Cornyn out, you're gonna need to run better opponents.

Flash

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    There's a lot of bitching about Cornyn in our forum but I couldn't find another candidate who was better. His NRA A+ rating is what I went for. If you want Cornyn out, you're gonna need to run better opponents.

NRA rating is important when some candidates show anti-gun tendencies, but it's not the end all be all when none of the candidates do.

I voted against Cornyn because he supported the wall street bailout.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't expect a lot of open carry legislation to get passed next session. The candidates that were solidly for it and running for positions to move it forward were trounced pretty hard.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    The Cornyn thing is very disappointing. Corporate bankrolling wins again.

At least Dewhurst is gone.

He's not gone yet - still need to do the runoff with Dan Patrick. Patrick isn't my first choice (Patterson was) but I'll support him over Dewhurst and for the love of pete do not stay home and let Leticia Van de Putte win that general.

I noticed that Carona got beat. That makes me very happy. I wish Patrick hadn't aligned with him, but Carona is pure slime and a disgrace to the GOP. I understand he undercut some very important CHL legislation last session (unfortunately with Patrick's help, from what I read). He's a despicable politician even by politician standards and I am extremely proud that the voters in his district saw that.

If only I could say the same for Joe Strauss. At least maybe some others will be emboldened enough to challenge him for Speaker.

As mentioned, apparently Abortion Barbie did not do well in South Texas. I hope that causes the Battleground Texas folks a fair number of headaches.

It's a shame we couldn't have had a reasonably well organized candidate oppose Cornyn. That race was ripe for the taking. Oh well, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Last edited:

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Was disappointed by that. I would have liked to see Stovall win, or Stockman. But not Cornyn. And believe it or not I think most of us on this forum don't just vote for a candidate based on their 2A stance. In Texas there are plenty that support that, but also stand for a lot of other things. Cornyn sounds like a real piece of work.

At least Patrick appears he will de-throne Dewhurst and while the guy I voted didn't win AG it looks like we'll get someone solid nonetheless.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I was torn between Paxton and Smitherman for AG. Ended up voting for Smitherman but could easily have gone the other way. I'll support Paxton 100% in the runoff.

Stockman was just too much of a flake for me. I voted for Stovall. I don't know what I would have done if it had come to a runoff between Cornyn and Stockman. I could see Stockman imploding to the point of giving that seat to the Dem's in November. Oh well, it's a moot point now.

There was an African American woman, Lisa Fritsch, who ran for governor. She's a part-time talk show host on KLBJ here (Austin) and has been on Fox News as a commentator. She's very well spoken and exactly on point on every issue that I've ever heard her talk about. She has some Tea Party cred and a decent amount of name recognition. I have no idea why she chose to run for governor, as Abbott was pretty much a shoe-in, and not without reason. I wish she'd have set her sights on Cornyn because she would have been somebody we could have all rallied around.

btw, we (the GOP) also had a Hispanic woman running for governor. And Abbott's wife is Hispanic. Why do we continue to catch so much crap about being the party of "old white males"?

Last edited:

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Cornyn is the 800lb gorilla, no one wants to take him on. Big money wins again. Really disappointed that Cruz didn't endorse someone, I bet Cornyn does next time around. I dunno if Stockman is that big of a flake or if that is the $pin. He seemed to be normal and on point every time I heard him speak. Oh well, at least Dewhurst is still sweating.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Bummed that Cornyn won. But he's been spending a TON of money running ads all over the state. I'd wager he's outspent his primary opponents (combined) by at least a 10 to 1 margin. Yet he polled 58%. Had Stovall or Stockman been even moderately funded, they could have dragged him into a runoff. But Cornyn knew winning the primary would be the election. But even with all that spending, plus having some underfunded/inexperienced/weak opponents, he polled only 58%. Had there been an opponent with some name recognition and political skills, we'd be talking about 'former Senator' Cornyn today.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Abbott got 654k votes, Davis 238K.

Strong Republican turnout suggests major motivation. Hopefully this carries into November.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Posted in another thread, fits better here.

Been doing some looking around at election results and numbers.

In the county I live in there were only 449 ballots cast in the Dem primary compared to 6,010 in the republican primary.

Total voter turnout was only 29%......

pixel5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    If primary voting numbers are any indication of how November will turn out, Abbott will beat Davis 4:1.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Knew Abbott would take it easily. Still on the fence with LT. Gov.....dont like Dewhurst, but not completely convinced Patrick is any better. He did stand in the way of some good bills, plus he stood with Carona. At least Huffines took care of him. Cornyn won because he had the bank roll and Stockman didnt show up to get his name out there enough. I did not vote for Dewhurst or Patrick....I voted for Patterson.

Top Bottom