• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Anyone voting today on the 4th? I voted early last week. I hope most gun owners default position is to vote Republican.

That being said if you were thinking of voting for Wesley Reed (D), I'd suggest against it. I'm skeptical of any politician who does not outright state his support for gun rights (also good to be skeptical of some of those who claim they do), and I could find nothing on his campaign site or anywhere else where he talked about the 2nd amendment.

I was able to message him on facebook and after directly asking him if he supported universal background checks or any other restrictions he talked around the subject. He asked me what my concerns about background checks were and tried to justify background checks in general and never gave a direct answer if he supported expanding them or not.

I no longer live in Corpus but I am curious how the city elections go, hopefully most the city council will be replaced.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Yep, even said "I don't want to take your guns", ignoring the fact that most gun control that is pushed based on restrictions rather than confiscation. They will save the confiscation for the next generation when restrictions make it impossible for you to legally transfer you stuff to your children.

Since the guy is an officer I imagine his view on guns is more in line with Wesley Clark, who thinks if you want to use a gun join the military.

Top Bottom