• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It's been inferred that Fox is some how pumping out propaganda. I suggest they are guilty, at times, of sensationalism. Can you provide an example of propaganda being distributed by Fox?
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like Fox News and watch them quite a bit, but they are not all about journalism any more than aby of the leftist pushing propaganda of the vast majority of the MSM. They are just the other side of the coin, spreading a different narrative. To think any differently, is naive or delusional.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I like Fox News and watch them quite a bit, but they are not all about journalism any more than aby of the leftist pushing propaganda of the vast majority of the MSM. They are just the other side of the coin, spreading a different narrative. To think any differently, is naive or delusional.
    OK... I ask for example you have of propaganda being promoted by Fox. You provided ZERO examples. I said they are guilty of sensationalism there is a difference between that and propaganda. I would suggest that Fox is not necessarily "... the other side of the coin..." but rather an opposing force used to counteract the damage inflicted by MSM. But sometimes different folks see the same thing differently.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    OK... I ask for example you have of propaganda being promoted by Fox. You provided ZERO examples. I said they are guilty of sensationalism there is a difference between that and propaganda. I would suggest that Fox is not necessarily "... the other side of the coin..." but rather an opposing force used to counteract the damage inflicted by MSM. But sometimes different folks see the same thing differently.

Much of Fox News pushes a conservative narrative. Example, Sean Hannity, and Tucker Carlson.

The huge difference, for me, is that they state up front that they are commenting and stating opinions, and many times they have the evidence to show why they have those opinions and narratives, so IMO they are at least being honest about pushing their conservative propaganda. The leftist MSM pushes a leftist agenda, while trying to deceive or disguise their narrative as journalism.

So IMO, there is also a huge difference between a talking head, and a journalist.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    A lot of people have spoken that we need to as conservatives to resort to the same tactics as the cheating Democrats have pulled in order to win the elections. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander sort of reasoning.

Winning an election by cheating, is still cheating regardless of whether the the justification is that the other side cheated, and turnabout is fair play. I'm sorry, just because the other side cheated to win, in no way justifies cheating in any way IMO. A person can't stand on the moral higher ground, using the same tactics of the other side if those tactics are wrong, or less than honorable. There will be a price to pay for that at some point in the future and it always ends up biting you in the ass in the long run.

Yes, it has always angered me, and upset me when I have played by the rules, and played fair, to have lost to someone that cheated. But my honor and dignity were much more important than resorting to cheating, just because someone else did cheat.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    A lot of people have spoken that we need to as conservatives to resort to the same tactics as the cheating Democrats have pulled in order to win the elections. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander sort of reasoning.

Winning an election by cheating, is still cheating regardless of whether the the justification is that the other side cheated, and turnabout is fair play. I'm sorry, just because the other side cheated to win, in no way justifies cheating in any way IMO. A person can't stand on the moral higher ground, using the same tactics of the other side if those tactics are wrong, or less than honorable. There will be a price to pay for that at some point in the future and it always ends up biting you in the ass in the long run.

Yes, it has always angered me, and upset me when I have played by the rules, and played fair, to have lost to someone that cheated. But my honor and dignity were much more important than resorting to cheating, just because someone else did cheat.
    Let me be the first to tell you.... There's a hell of a lot more at stake here than your dignity and honor. If everyone is cheating then no one is cheating - the rules simply changed!

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin

Axxe55,

Cheating is one thing but fighting back is another. What has hurt us in the past elections is just laying there and taking it. Trump is the first Republican to fight back. It's also good seeing the Trump Trains and hecklers showing up at the Dem rallies. In cases like that, "What's good for the goose, is indeed good for the gander"!

Amazing we haven't seen any new "bimbo's" coming out against Trump. Seems like that tactic didn't work.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's been inferred that Fox is some how pumping out propaganda. I suggest they are guilty, at times, of sensationalism. Can you provide an example of propaganda being distributed by Fox?
    There is a distinct difference between straight news and opinion shows. First you have to seperate the two.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Let me be the first to tell you.... There's a hell of a lot more at stake here than your dignity and honor. If everyone is cheating then no one is cheating - the rules simply changed!

Nope.

That is not how my father raised me. Nor how his father raised him. Nor does it square with God's teachings in the Bible.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Doug, I still have to face myself in the mirror everyday, and one day I'll have to answer to God for all I have done in this life. I sure don't want to face God with misdeeds that I'll have to answer for. What other people do, and how they justify the things they do is between them and God. I only have to answer for what I do in this life.
    Axxe55,

Cheating is one thing but fighting back is another. What has hurt us in the past elections is just laying there and taking it. Trump is the first Republican to fight back. It's also good seeing the Trump Trains and hecklers showing up at the Dem rallies. In cases like that, "What's good for the goose, is indeed good for the gander"!

Amazing we haven't seen any new "bimbo's" coming out against Trump. Seems like that tactic didn't work.

I am not in any way opposed to fighting back, and doing everything within my power to win. But I will do, will be with dignity and honor.
    There is a distinct difference between straight news and opinion shows. First you have to seperate the two.
    That is exactly true. Even Fox News, the majority are opinion shows, and not straight up news. But, they are upfront and honest, and not trying to deceive people with trying to say that they are straight up journalist.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Good interactive electoral map. Choose the states you think Trump will win and it totals the electoral votes for you:

https://www.270towin.com/
    Well damn. No matter how optimistic I get with guessing on this map, Trump comes up with 250 electoral votes. We are going to need MN, MI, and WI to win this. I counted those as democrat leaning. What am I missing?
    1604319681696.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom