• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Does anybody use one? I've been using a five cup drip coffee maker (Mr. Coffee) for a few years because I'm the only one that drinks coffee. But over the holidays with the whole crew here, that obviously wasn't going to cut it. So, I got an old stove top percolator out of the cabinet and brewed up a pot of coffee with it. Everybody commented that it sure was better than the drip coffee maker. I agree.

But the stovetop had to be monitored and took FOREVER.

I thought about buying a new electric perk, but they.start at about $50 and have very mixed reviews.

I've thought about yard sales and resale stores, but I don't want somebody else's junk, either.

I've had a Bunn in the past, but really want to try the electric percolator route.

Any thoughts or recommendations for percolators?

In college there was a ban on cooking in the dorms. We used a "poly-perk" to heat up soups, stews, and cook all kinds of things. That was pre-microwave!
    My Colorado hosts have an electric perk... makes better coffee than my drip.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    My mother had one of these Sunbeam Coffee Masters... Made a good cup of coffee, but like any percolator, wanted a course grind.
    20211229_185716.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'll have to try the Dollar General coffee. I'm 12 miles from a DG, and 30 miles from HEB (tiny and outdated - more like a Pantry).

13 miles from Brookshire Brothers - or as I call them -Robber General.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'll have to try the Dollar General coffee. I'm 12 miles from a DG, and 30 miles from HEB (tiny and outdated - more like a Pantry).

13 miles from Brookshire Brothers - or as I call them -Robber General.
    I'm actually quite impressed with the flavor of the two Dollar General coffee's I have been using. The Donut Shop blend has become one of my favorites.

I rate coffee based on whether I need to add sugar or creamer to it. Coffee that I can drink black, with nothing added, is coffee I rate very high.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Are there any recommendations on a brand of coffee bean (prefer at HEB) and/or what size grind to use for a percolator? I'm thinkin' medium grind.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    Community Dark Roast or Seaport Dark Roast.

The years spent in New Orleans gave me an appreciation for "French Coffee" with chicory served with milk and sugar as long as it comes with beignets.

I got to have the stuff that you can't leave the spoon in because it will eat off the chrome.

Other than that?
    Made in the shade and stirred with a spade.

Top Bottom