• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    It seems like such a minor thing to inquire about, but its something thats become a real peave - an electric razor that actually works AND doesnt require replacement parts frequently.
    First let me say, I prefer not using a blade-type (safety) razor because it seems like its removing a layer of skin.
    I used a Remington microscreen for many years, until replacement screens for my model became hard to find. I switched to a Braun that included the fancy cleaner station, but after several years of having to replace the microscreen practically monthly that fact alone became irritating and too costly.
    Periodically I've tried a few radial-type electric razors. I tried a Remington for a while but it didn't give a close enough shave, although I liked that the three radial screens lasted seemingly forever.
    I'm now using a Phillips rotary. At first it seemed to work great, but after a month or two or so its no longer giving a good shave. If I have more than a days growth it hardly works at all and I have to pre-shave with a little electric (looks kinda like a blade-type) "Phillips one-blade.
    Can anyone recommend a good electric razor, that gives a good shave without having to constantly purchase replace screens?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I gave up on shaving for the most part. I just cut my head hair and beard at the same time with a 000 balding clipper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I gave up on shaving for the most part. I just cut my head hair and beard at the same time with a 000 balding clipper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That would be me too!

When I retired, and because I didn't have to look "presentable" for management and customers, I pretty much quit shaving, and let my beard grow out. I do a haircut and beard trim about every four months or so.

I had gotten to the point many years ago, I hated to shave. Many of the companies I worked for, you had to be clean-shaven per safety regulations.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    maxresdefault.jpg

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Never found an electric shaver I was happy with. I've tried at least three different brands over the years. None lasted or gave a decent shave for more than a few months. My favorite, best looking and most comfortable shave has always come from the original "twin blade" design. The twin blade replacement heads virtually can't be found in retail stores nowadays. I usually wind up ordering them from an online retailer - wherever I can find them the cheapest. They have gotten ridiculously expensive, for what they are. Maybe because they're not as popular as the multi-blade styles. I suppose it's just a question of what you get used to, but when the manufacturers went crazy with adding more & more blades, they lost me. I just stuck with the good 'ole twin blades. Still what I use to this day.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I have very course facial hair and haven't found any electric shaver that works well. I have now let my beard grow out some and keep it trimmed with electric clippers. I also use the the Philips One Blade and it has done a better job than any other electric shaver.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I just got a wahl rechargeable for about $45 .
    1 charge i can shave all week
    Had a braun same price point about 1.5 years. The screen got a tear somehow.
    I like to shave on the way to my 1st job in the morning. Then touch up later

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Many years ago, I did try several different brands of electric shavers. Never found one that gave any acceptable results. Personally, when I do shave for times when I need to clean up and look presentable for family functions, funerals or such, I use the cheap twin blade razors. They work as good as anything for me.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I never found an electric razor that gave nearly as good a shave as a bladed razor. Plus, the electrics take longer to use than a bladed razor.

I use a Schick Hydro 5 razor and it gives a great shave and the blades last a long time.

And I will NEVER use anything made by Gillette, those virtue signaling pukes that want to preach at us about “toxic” masculinity. Actually, they don’t give a crap about it. They just want to jump on the “woke” side of the social issue du jour. May they rot.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The only shaving I do now is my head. Way more difficult then ones face. Years back a buddy mention his neighbor had an electric razor for his head. A couple of times I almost bought one, but I have never heard if they work very good.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I never found an electric razor that gave nearly as good a shave as a bladed razor. Plus, the electrics take longer to use than a bladed razor.

I use a Schick Hydro 5 razor and it gives a great shave and the blades last a long time.

And I will NEVER use anything made by Gillette, those virtue signaling pukes that want to preach at us about “toxic” masculinity. Actually, they don’t give a crap about it. They just want to jump on the “woke” side of the social issue du jour. May they rot.
    I have no idea what's going on with Gillette - care to enlighten?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yeah, I never found an electric shaver I could get a good shave from. Got a coarse beard and sensitive skin. I even got multiple nicks from a brand new Remington some years ago. At best electrics gave me a patchy five o'clock shadow plus razor burn.

I've got an old fashioned safety razor I use. I have to order the double-edged blades online from a company in Germany (can't get them in stores unless you find Shick brand...and their quality rhymes with the company name). In a pinch I can make do with a single bladed Bic disposable, but that's a poor substitute.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The Gillette thang. Wasn't that long ago; should be able to Google it.
    In a nut shell, it was an advertising fiasco brought about by a "lady" advertising executive. IIRC correctly, she was later fired. After costing Gillette million$ in both lost revenue and stock price valuation. I recall reading where Gillette had to even take some "write downs" to stop the financial hemorrhaging.
    The lady was a disaster! She initiated an advertising campaign that was very heavy on blaming societal woes on "toxic male masculinity". Obviously this didn't go over very well with a customer base who buys razors to shave everyday!
    [1960s & 70s NFL type advertising with "the best a man can be" jingle playing in the background.... and effectively asking, "were we sure about that?"]

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    To my armed brethren, who are bearded: you must have a much more understanding woman in your life than I do.
    My beard started hoping work would piss & cry about it. I figured if they did I would say it was religious. They never said shit, but I did wear a beard bra.

When my wife said something I just just told her to STFU!!

Top Bottom