• pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This one. Accept no substitutes! :)

I was just gonna post this.

I can shave my head with a razor, and this thing will still cut closer.

Just as an FYI, Amazon sells it for $80, and I have free delivery.

Have you needed to replace the foil?

That one reason why I stopped using it...foils only lasted me about two months of daily use.

I think it went thru foils so quickly because they’re super thin...which is why they can shave so close.

These days, I just run a razor over my noggin every time I take a shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have been using a cheap pair of hair clippers to cut my hair and beard. I cut them at about 1/4". Since I let my beard grow out some years ago after I retired, I now use the hair clippers to do the major trimming of my beard as well.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Here's what I use....

Shave in a warm shower. Lather your face well. Use light strokes. Shave with the grain of your beard.

Keeping it simple.....
    447c4c8968cf5b546a4f12943a04ebcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I've decided to use @seeker_two advice and give the disposable straight-edges a try again, since after 10-15 minutes of "attempting" to get a good shave with an electric I usually finish it up with a safety razor anyway - might as well just start-off with a straight-edge.
    I stopped by Wal-Mart and picked up a bag of Shick Extreme 2 and some shaving gel - I think i was a teen the last time I shaved this way!

Oh, and by the way, the Wal-Mart in Seguin has enter/exit doors at both ends open again! I was pleasantly surprised!

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I have seen the thread discussing gillett and their advertising, the conversations about straight razor shaving (among the bravest of us) and recently electric razors.

I have always preferred wet shaves and never found an electric that filled the bill. When gillett was no longer worth the price or my support I stumbled onto the Schick Xtreme 2 sensitive disposable…..I get a week per razor of use so

12 per package at $6.44 inc tax =$.54 per week X 52 = $28.08 per year

Never thought much of disposables but six months in and no complaints I can live well with twenty eight bucks a year.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah... that's what seeker_two first suggested in Post #23. And what the OP says he's going to try.
    Thought I might give them a shot too - they appear to be even more economical than the twin blade refills I've been using for years. Not sure exactly how that works, unless it's just the popularity (law of supply & demand) making the refills more expensive. Less demand = more expensive!

Is that Xtreme 2 a single molded piece or does it have that flexible head that wobbles back and forth? (I hate that design!)

Last edited:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Update: Yesterday was my first day to shave with the Schick Xtreme 2 disposable, with generic shave gel. I shaved half my face and was wondering why it wasn't doing a better job before I realized there's a small plastic protective guard that must be removed. Who would of thought?
    I'm sold! The Xtreme2 gave such a good close shave that i dont feel much need to shave today. The only thing I'll have to get used to is being more careful where I have moles. The electrics didn't bother them, but the straight edge sliced off a sliver and bled.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Yeah... that's what seeker_two first suggested in Post #23. And what the OP says he's going to try.
    Thought I might give them a shot too - they appear to be even more economical than the twin blade refills I've been using for years. Not sure exactly how that works, unless it's just the popularity (law of supply & demand) making the refills more expensive. Less demand = more expensive!

Is that Xtreme 2 a single molded piece or does it have that flexible head that wobbles back and forth? (I hate that design!)
    It does have a slight pivot, but it doesn't hinder the shave. I usually get 2-3 uses out of one. When it feels like it's pulling the stubble, replace it.

A wise man told me that having more than two blades on a razor is akin to voluntarily skinning your own face. After trying a three-blade razor once, I found him right.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    . . .

A wise man told me that having more than two blades on a razor is akin to voluntarily skinning your own face. After trying a three-blade razor once, I found him right.

I have found just the opposite. The two-blade razors slice me up. The five-blade Schick Hydro 5 rarely nicks me.

Top Bottom