Texas SOT

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I figured that's the last thing on the list after they move here. I think they have 6 months to do it.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I have to question why immigrants from CA don't register their vehicles in Texas. The registration costs in CA are much higher than here.

A non-Californian brain weighs about 3 pounds in the average adult and is about 60% fat. The remaining 40% is a combination of water, protein, carbohydrates and salts. It contains blood vessels and nerves, including neurons and glial cells. The Californian brain weighs about 1.7 pounds due to the extreme lack of fat caused by woke, beach queen diets. This results in a short-circuit within the shrunken cerebrum which enables speech, judgment, thinking, problem-solving, emotions and learning. Texans, however, eat steaks and have large to XXL sized brains that help connect the dots and make reasonable life decisions.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If Brandon tried his damndest , could he possibly find a bigger moron than this Grandholm misfit? Utter idiot.

ETA - I am not anti-EV in the least. But if you plan to obsolete existing tech, you better damn sure have a plan that doesn't require unicom farts.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If Brandon tried his damndest , could he possibly find a bigger moron than this Grandholm misfit? Utter idiot.

ETA - I am not anti-EV in the least. But if you plan to obsolete existing tech, you better damn sure have a plan that doesn't require unicom farts.
    Rather than try to force citizens to buy an EV, they should make a product that is desirable for the public to own.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If the professor on Gilligan's island can make a battery from a coconut we should be able to build a battery and system to charge quckly store energey enternally and build the fucking things on a mass scale without china.

Till we can go phuck your self greentards. Oil meets those demands now

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Solar roof wouldn't contribute a meaningful amount of power at this stage in the game. Say you could put even 2 sq. meters worth of solar on the roof. That's about 0.5kWh avg in full sun. Not going to put much of a dent in a 50+ kWh battery pack. Maybe 3-4kWh in a day?
    Understood. Would/could possible advances in the efficiency of solar collectors improve that much?

I remember many years ago that some students at a college, can’t remember where, made an electric vehicle that used mechanical power (brakes and running gear) to somehow capture energy to help offset battery loss and aid in propulsion.

Cannot remember much details but it was quite the concept.

Anyway, again, I don’t see battery vehicles as bad, just not the answer to every vehicle need, until the tech regarding their efficiency improves.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    PV solar is currently peaking around 24% efficiency, give or take. Average solar irradiance obviously depends on where in the world you are, weather, time of day, etc. but is generally averaged around 1 kWh to make the math easy. So that's 250watt hours per square meter. So even at 100% efficiency, which can't happen, we'd still only put around 10-15kWh into a battery per full day in the sun.

The somewhat viable option is solar covered parking structures, solar hardscapes, etc. That's already being looked at, but with PV still being an expensive proposition it won't really go anywhere. Well, without heavy subsidies or a transformative improvement in manufacturing cost.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Sign of the future; electric vehicles up the butt but no electricity to recharge them. This was just someone complying with Newsome’s request to not charge EVs during the heat wave. Idiot acting like a good leftist sheeple

F621603A-0310-415E-9845-314350521D81.png

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    The planet is doomed. After the first decade of EV dominance, the world will be stricken with Electro Pox and we will all begin dying (faster). Pfizer and Moderna will advise the government regarding what vaccines will be necessary to prolong our eventual demise. The White House Pandemic Czar will advise the people that Electric Vehicles are cancer-causing as they emit extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic fields (EMF). They will provide several hospital videos of example patients In their final throes of death. There will be TV ads with Whoopie Goldberg asking that we get as many injections as possible.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The planet is doomed. After the first decade of EV dominance, the world will be stricken with Electro Pox and we will all begin dying (faster). Pfizer and Moderna will advise the government regarding what vaccines will be necessary to prolong our eventual demise. The White House Pandemic Czar will advise the people that Electric Vehicles are cancer-causing as they emit extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic fields (EMF). They will provide several hospital videos of example patients In their final throes of death. There will be TV ads with Whoopie Goldberg asking that we get as many injections as possible.
    However the planet will be saved if agree to live on your knees, you vote democrat for all elections and donate your assets to them.

Top Bottom