Gun Zone Deals

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yes, upgrading to a 24-64kWh battery was part of it...

However, I strongly disagree with your statement that tech companies have not made significant leaps. As someone working in the Civil/Transportation sector and closely engaging with these developments, I can attest to the remarkable progress being achieved each day.

I understand that not everyone may like this, but I urge you all to recognize the consequences if we don't prepare. Infrastructure development and project letting for these improvements will start in 2024. Bigger cities like El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas/FW will see these changes first, some will not... Unfortunately, these will be also the locations (especially those with the most naysayers) that will be left behind.

Don't forget, I personally prefer diesel, and I am as conservative as you are, but the change is coming fast.
    The new "Apple Stock" is ROV and automation... keep that in mind too.
    The consequences are that we keep doing what works. Federal/state governments subsidizing something that doesn’t work and was mostly rejected by consumers/industries are the consequences of forcing a system that is inferior.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Yes, upgrading to a 24-64kWh battery was part of it...

However, I strongly disagree with your statement that tech companies have not made significant leaps. As someone working in the Civil/Transportation sector and closely engaging with these developments, I can attest to the remarkable progress being achieved each day.

I understand that not everyone may like this, but I urge you all to recognize the consequences if we don't prepare. Infrastructure development and project letting for these improvements will start in 2024. Bigger cities like El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas/FW will see these changes first, some will not... Unfortunately, these will be also the locations (especially those with the most naysayers) that will be left behind.

Don't forget, I personally prefer diesel, and I am as conservative as you are, but the change is coming fast.
    The new "Apple Stock" is ROV and automation... keep that in mind too.
    Upgrading was only part of it? If a 24kwh batt goes 100 miles a 64kwh batt should go 266 miles. All things being equal. The bolt goes 259 miles. So the bolt is less efficient that the 13 year old leaf.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1690865436137.png

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    There is an ad on Facebook for a leaf. The seller is stating in the ad that the 2011 leaf, with 42k miles, has lost 60% of the battery capacity. It has a range of ~ 35 miles currently.

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown

Well there is child slave labor involved too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree that EVs are not the panacea many tout them to be, the inconsistancy in this video is self defeating in making the point. At one point it says 15 kg of lithium for a Tesla battery (1:15), at (1:51) it states 'a typical EV battery requires 25kg of lithium'. Things like this trip my BS detector.

I do not think EVs are the answer for everyone. If you are going to use facts to make your argument, you need to be consistant.

Last edited:

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    The country and our freedoms are being taken away piece by piece. EV's are another piece. Most people don't want EV's but they will stand back and let them be forcefully shoved down their throats. I think the Chinese have spiked our water with brain eating chemicals. Look at the mentally ill retards that are running the country. EV's will bring more negative environmental baggage than gas powered vehicles. The proliferation of EV's is another marker showing how our society is going to hell. Commie cars.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Anyone other than me been researching making your own fuel and converting a vehicle to run on it?
    You mean biodiesel? I watched a documentary on that years and years ago. Guy had a diesel making setup in his garage (took up the entire space) where used cooking oil and various chemicals went in, diesel came out for his diesel Volvo or Mercedes. It took up a lot of space, was quite expensive to buy all the equipment, but the used cooking oil is typically free from nearby restaurants. I think they also mentioned their exhaust smelled just like the restaurant it came from; Chinese smelled like stir fry, fish and chips smelled like fish, and fry only places smelled like potatos.

The only other "at home" fuels I can possibly think of are hydrogen or HHO (solar panels, hydrogen generator, water), wood gas engines you have to have a lot of wood and its uh, smokey. And maybe some kind of ethanol alcohol fuel, but I suspect you'd need a few hectares of land to grow enough corn to drive 10,000 miles a year, plus tractors and stuff.

Top Bottom