APOD Firearms

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    The country and our freedoms are being taken away piece by piece. EV's are another piece. Most people don't want EV's but they will stand back and let them be forcefully shoved down their throats. I think the Chinese have spiked our water with brain eating chemicals. Look at the mentally ill retards that are running the country. EV's will bring more negative environmental baggage than gas powered vehicles. The proliferation of EV's is another marker showing how our society is going to hell. Commie cars.
    Between making a lot of us get the shot, having to buy EV, it's all about control! Have you seen the newest one, banning incandescent light bulbs? Not to mention gas stoves. When does it end? Stolen election, an old guy who can't get people to rallies wins an election?

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    star, gates ... yes to all. I'm thinking of the day where all of our classic cars will be left without fuel to burn. Our choices will be to either convert them to be glorified golf carts, losing their soul, or figure out how to make fuel.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    star, gates ... yes to all. I'm thinking of the day where all of our classic cars will be left without fuel to burn. Our choices will be to either convert them to be glorified golf carts, losing their soul, or figure out how to make fuel.
    They'll still make ethanol and probably diesel. Gasoline is a hard maybe in the distant future. When gasahol was first invented and sold as a product it was sold in the old-style metal cans in pharmacies and general stores. So few wanted it because so few had cars with engines. Much like every lawn equipment thread on forums I assume we'll buy 1 gallon of that way overpriced fuel at a time (at $50+ a gallon) or you can buy a 55 gallon drum at some eye watering price (think $2000) like the race car guys do currently.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Anyone other than me been researching making your own fuel and converting a vehicle to run on it?
    I've been thinking about building a cracker to break down plastic into fuel. It takes a lot of plastic, tho...

If I knew what type of sugar crop grew best on my property I could probably make enough ethanol for at least recreational driving.

I already run my tractor on a blend of WVO, used motor oil, and a little fresh diesel. I should probably get one of those nice centrifuges to clean it better.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They'll still make ethanol and probably diesel. Gasoline is a hard maybe in the distant future.
    I figure that EVs or hydrogen or some other tech will save our cars the same way cars saved horses.

Before cars, horses were tools that were used up and discarded. Many were treated terribly. They were all over the place in cities and dealing with the feces, the housing, the feeding were all royal pains. Few people loved horses; they were just utilitarian appliances to be worked till they dropped and then discarded.

Then along came cars. Ordinary people didn't need horses anymore. They were no longer bought by people who didn't respect them and would unthinkingly abuse them. Horses entered a golden age where they were pampered by those who truly loved them.

When ICE vehicles disappear from common use because EVs have become practical or some other tech has taken over, folks who love classic cars will be left alone to pamper their babies. New cars will be expensive but always very special. Those of us who love our old cars will find an expensive aftermarket of dedicated folks committed to keeping them running and as pristine as possible. A golden age of ICE vehicles will arise where they will be appreciated by everybody as functional art.

It'll probably take a hundred years and, in the meantime, the poors who actually need ICEs to make a living will just be told by society to go piss up a rope.

I don't know if this scenario is a nightmare or an aspirational dream but I think it's likely.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I think it might be accurate, nobody knows when. But like you said, this is the golden age of horses of being pampered. $2000 a month in rent for a stall, regular veterinary care, can't ride on (most) public roads, any equipment for horses is ludicrously expensive. I cannot imagine 50 years from now trying to buy a 2023 F150 for nostalgia at $150,000, fuel (whatever it may be) is $100 a gallon, insurance to drive it on public roads is somehow 'only' $5000 a year, and I have to have a special license because flammable gasoline causes cancer and is just dangerous. Oh and the only way to get parts for such antiques is to have a metal part 3d printed.

Don't mind me I'm salty about cars in general right now.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The country and our freedoms are being taken away piece by piece. EV's are another piece. Most people don't want EV's but they will stand back and let them be forcefully shoved down their throats. I think the Chinese have spiked our water with brain eating chemicals. Look at the mentally ill retards that are running the country. EV's will bring more negative environmental baggage than gas powered vehicles. The proliferation of EV's is another marker showing how our society is going to hell. Commie cars.

yep that government mandate that forced me to buy my lightning and then the plug in hybrid escape was almost as bad as when the local sheriff showed up with his shotgun to make sure I made the purchases.

Just because your lifestyle does not work with a "electric" vehicle don't go all the SKY IS FALLING DOOOM!!!.

Having choice is a good thing. I enjoyed the hell out of the lightning but it was about 5 years in a f150 for me and I never keep a style of vehicle that long lol went from a 2019 to a 2021 to the lightning. About the only time I felt the range anxiety was a trip to FortWorth to pick up a dog and I had my dog with me. So had to stop and charge with a new pup and my old pup but there were no issues. Just a nice long pause in the friggin heat.

only having to stop and charge away from home 2 times and never at a gas station from December till now PRICELESS.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    yep that government mandate that forced me to buy my lightning and then the plug in hybrid escape was almost as bad as when the local sheriff showed up with his shotgun to make sure I made the purchases.

Just because your lifestyle does not work with a "electric" vehicle don't go all the SKY IS FALLING DOOOM!!!.

Having choice is a good thing. I enjoyed the hell out of the lightning but it was about 5 years in a f150 for me and I never keep a style of vehicle that long lol went from a 2019 to a 2021 to the lightning. About the only time I felt the range anxiety was a trip to FortWorth to pick up a dog and I had my dog with me. So had to stop and charge with a new pup and my old pup but there were no issues. Just a nice long pause in the friggin heat.

only having to stop and charge away from home 2 times and never at a gas station from December till now PRICELESS.
    You do you.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Between making a lot of us get the shot, having to buy EV, it's all about control! Have you seen the newest one, banning incandescent light bulbs? Not to mention gas stoves. When does it end? Stolen election, an old guy who can't get people to rallies wins an election?
    Seem ironic that they are banning incandescent light bulbs because they draw too much power compared to an LED or fluorescent, but at the same time forcing us to use WAYYYY more electricity with EV's. F U C K I N G N U T S !!!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Seem ironic that they are banning incandescent light bulbs because they draw too much power compared to an LED or fluorescent, but at the same time forcing us to use WAYYYY more electricity with EV's. F U C K I N G N U T S !!!
    LED sucks in anything that is fully encased. They are more expensive and don’t last any longer than the old heat bulbs. In lamps and fixtures that are open to air movement they do fine. When I find CFL bulbs from 10-15 years ago at estate sales, I buy every one of them. They far outlast the other types.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    LED sucks in anything that is fully encased. They are more expensive and don’t last any longer than the old heat bulbs. In lamps and fixtures that are open to air movement they do fine. When I find CFL bulbs from 10-15 years ago at estate sales, I buy every one of them. They far outlast the other types.
    i have several that are still going strong after over ten to twelveyears of constant use!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1692059533506.png

Top Bottom