APOD Firearms

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm thinking of the day where all of our classic cars will be left without fuel to burn.
    There's companies out there ready to fill that roll. They take hydrogen produced from electrolysis using "sustainable" energy, or methanol made from biomass, and combine it with CO2 pulled from the atmosphere to produce hydrocarbons very similar to gasoline.

Fucking retarded.
    ...but also genius in that they are making fuels to skirt the tyrants' regulations.

If you were making it at home for personal use you would skip the step of making hydrocarbons and setup your vehicles to just use the methanol.

Capitol Armory ad

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Extreme case, but Rivian seems to substitute the maintenance savings (fluids and brakes) for tire expense. Granted the 6k mile replacement is probably not commonplace, but it does highlight the faster than normal wear. This particular complaint is unique to Rivian, but I have to think that it would extend at a smaller extent to any EV that uses regenerative braking on a two wheel drive setup,

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    At the rate the entire automotive industry is going, they will all be bankrupt and out of business within a few years.
    Most people can't afford to buy any new car / truck today, the prices have just gone nuts.

Very few people want electric vehicle's. Only people in urban areas in general buy them, and most of them probably don't know or understand that electric car's life span is only 5 - 8 years with battery life, then the vehicle is worthless.

Where the hell are all the high powered charging station's going to come from?
    I don't recall any new power plants being built, so where the hell are they going to get all the electric power to charge all of these electric cars if just say 50% of the driving population actually buys an electric vehicle.

What are they going to do with all the dead battery packs when they go bad? As far as I know, they can't be recycled.

I won't be buying an electric vehicle!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's companies out there ready to fill that roll. They take hydrogen produced from electrolysis using "sustainable" energy, or methanol made from biomass, and combine it with CO2 pulled from the atmosphere to produce hydrocarbons very similar to gasoline.

Fucking retarded.
    ...but also genius in that they are making fuels to skirt the tyrants' regulations.

If you were making it at home for personal use you would skip the step of making hydrocarbons and setup your vehicles to just use the methanol.
    It'll be fun if they pull off this electric vehicle 'transformation'. All these go carts running around, and here comes some redneck in a Camaro, camming its ass off, running on moonshine :)

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It'll be fun if they pull off this electric vehicle 'transformation'. All these go carts running around, and here comes some redneck in a Camaro, camming its ass off, running on moonshine :)
    Said Camaro needs to have a proper 4WD conversion
    4E545B8C-EC30-48EE-BF37-4FCA6FAA188C.png

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna

Extreme case, but Rivian seems to substitute the maintenance savings (fluids and brakes) for tire expense. Granted the 6k mile replacement is probably not commonplace, but it does highlight the faster than normal wear. This particular complaint is unique to Rivian, but I have to think that it would extend at a smaller extent to any EV that uses regenerative braking on a two wheel drive setup,
    I wonder if the accelerated tire wear issue will be shared with that new electric hummer that weighs over 9000 pounds.

I will say, it is actually frustrating having to replace motorcycle tires every 2-4k miles. I understand they have to be sticky to live but its actually irritating replacing tires once a year on a recreation vehicle.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Top Bottom