Capitol Armory ad

Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    It's impractical even with the infrastructure. Took a friend's Tesla to Ft Worth. Plenty of superchargers along the way so infrastructure wasn't an issue. Stopping to charge added an hour and half to the trip. Started out will full battery, too.

It was three separate charging times of about 30min each. Didn't have to wait, but one of those times we took the last available charger so if someone else came along they'd have to wait on us.

Didn't I say all this like 20 pages back, or was that another thread? :laughing:
    It was something like 460mi round trip.
    460 miles with 3 charges of 30 minutes vs a 5minutes stop for gas :popcorn:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    We may need to wait for better vehicle technology, but I don't want to spend it waiting at charging stations.
    The concept of the electric car is sound but the storage technology is a joke. Once they get super capacitors perfected, you'll be theoretically able to charge a car in less time than it takes to fill a car with fuel. Not sure how they're going to get that amount of amperage to a charging station though.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The concept of the electric car is sound but the storage technology is a joke. Once they get super capacitors perfected, you'll be theoretically able to charge a car in less time than it takes to fill a car with fuel. Not sure how they're going to get that amount of amperage to a charging station though.
    Not sure what the source of that amount of amperage will be.
    Liberals don't understand that, electricity or money, it has to have a source of creation.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yeah, EVs only make sense for people who don't drive anywhere. A hybrid would be nice, tho. Too bad the only hybrid I even halfway like isn't in production anymore. If I could get a 2500 hybrid with a stick I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    >

There are only two ways to make “electric vehicles” work for most Americans:

1) Implant power sources in ALL roadways;

or,

2) Design them with quick change batteries and build a massive network of battery change stations

Neither is llkely to happen any time soon.

leVieux

Or restrict travel to your local. Something else rumored to be in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    >

There are TWO big problems with the entire concept:

1) There is no way to make any battery take a real “quick charge” to its full capacity.

&

2) No nation produces sufficient electricity to run the scheme.

So, the idea of everyone driving an electric vehicle, and of those electric vehicles replacing internal combustion engines, is a pipe-dream.

leVieux

Yup. There aren’t enough rare earth elements available to make the fad perpetual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Another liberal goal - control/restrict travel
    The liberal dems that run small towns in the uk are preparing for that by putting gates in and restricting people to geographic areas with only allowed so many days a year outside your assigned neighborhoods.

Can anyone say ghettos?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Belvidere plant only makes the little Cherokee. That thing is basically just an updated Jeep Liberty and no one wants that turd. The real Cherokee is built at the Jefferson plant alongside the Durango.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I've worked with around and on electric warehouse equipemnt ie Reach trucks,fork lifts, pallet jacks, dock trucks and more total of 108 machines between two buildings. Charging systems, three types of 24- 36 volt batteries. Wrenched on and used this Crap and all was the latest and greatest. We got new shit in monthly even batteries because they have a memory and when you mid charge rather than waiting until they run down we'll you guessed it they start to charge only mid way never full so cell's go bad.

The electronics on the machines is Very sensitive and just the slightest interruption can put the machines down. EVs are no different. They claim they have conquered these issues but that's just marketing bullshit. They blamed the batteries so they went with Lithium. Same shit different battery.

These machines were Raymond and Crown. Most popular for Warehouse and Cold storage.
    Yeah I know what's this have to do with cars and trucks. LoL same shit same technology. EV

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom