• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    I've got a RCBS 750 and it's worked like a champ for me. I've got a couple balance scales also. Every time I've checked the 750, it's been +/- .1gn every time, so I'm quite happy with it. It saves a decent amount of time if I'm loading more than 20 rounds.

Also, for anyone looking for an elect scale, here's a great deal on one

Partner electronic reloading scale | eBay

and no, I'm not the seller, just hope that if anyone is looking for one that they can get it before it's gone.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I've been really happy with the RCBS 750. I never turn it off so no issues with staying calibrated. Mine varies +/- .1 gr as well; but that is more due to the way the powder meters from my LNL. WST, WSF, and Titegroup remain consistant. Solo 1000, however, will vary by a tenth either way; flake powders just aren't as consistant. Great scales and won't break the bank.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Another plus for the RCBS scale ... used two of them with no issues. All of the scales in a laboratory these days are generally digital.

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    arizona
    Spend at least $70 for a digital or beam balance.
    I like the RCBS digitals. Some need to be preloaded, though is almost always addressed by always using the pan on the platen.
    The battery-only ones will get very wonky as the batteries die, so I only recommend a balance with AC adapter.
    I really like my Lyman 1000XP. The RCBS RangeMaster is also very good.
    Just make sure that it is accurate to +/- 0.1 grain, or better.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Meh I got one for like $20 on ebay and it works great too. I have a set of weights and calibration weights so I know its on.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I've been thinking also about getting a Digital scale , but not from Fleabay. Been looking at the Brian Enos scale on his site . His scale looks like the scales
    offered on Old Will Knots Scales site. They look like the MY Weigh brand offered there. Has anybody here have one from that site and can shed more lite on it.
    They seem to offer a lot in a variety of scales from low end to very high end scales.
    Digital Scales, Weight Scales, & Balances. Shopping Made Easy.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Even if you dont like "Fleabay", I still say that while the RCBS scale is probably great, why is it 6+ times better than something like this:
    Amazon.com: American Weigh AMW-100 Silver Precision Digital Pocket Scale 1543 x 0.1 grain and 100 x 0.01 gram With 100 Gram Calibration Weight: Everything Else

Thats not the one that I have, but its similar. As long as you have a calibration weight, accuracy to 0.1 GRAINS (note in grams you need one that says at least 0.05 grams), and a tare function so you can zero out your container, then you have what you need.

But I am a cheap bastard, so take that into account.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Rum Runner...LOL....thats me ...also a cheap basterd. But Fleabay isn't for me ...regardless. I stay away from there cause it seems that everytime I logged
    on, no matter what time day or night, it seemed to bog my PC down. Anyways , am looking for one that uses no batteries , but one you can plug into the wall
    for power instead. I have a Pact from the 80's that works, but the little patch plugin for 9volt batteries keeps tearing up. Been sent to the factory already and
    same thing happened again. Last time it took several months to get it back for the patch fix. The site listed above has many to choose from , even the one from
    Amazon.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I went to the site you linked to and then search by weight measure (grains) and used there chart here:
    Scales By Capacity And Resolution

That wasnt that helpful. The only one I could find that was plugin was:
    Citizen CB-30 Compact Digital Jewelry Scale
    That's $$$.

The scale in the link I sent you earlier uses AAA batteries, so you should not have the same problem if thats your only concern. Again, I didn't get that one, but the specs look good and it has lots of positive reviews. <shrug>

Edit: Oh and the other one above can be found here:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=175512
    Lots of good reviews, AAA batteries ad still like 1/3 the cost of the RCBS.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I saw that . Liked it but not the price. The 0.05 listed is good , but all those like that were on the plus side of $$$. Thanks, gonna have to settle on mine again
    with the patch hanging out for now. Wished there was an easier way to un-plug 9 volt batteries to replace them without tearing the patch. I've been leaving
    them plugged in, but its replacing the battery that always gives me fits. Thanks for the page.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Although I use the RCBS 750 all the time; I do have a cheap Ebay scale that set me back a whole $15. Accurate but battery powered and powers off too frequently. Also have a Frankfort Arsenal; same issue. Nothing wrong with the less expensive scales as long as they can be calibrated but I'm sticking with the AC powered 750-we'll see how long it holds up to never being turned off.

Top Bottom